Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
PbF Supp/Beer Expert
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought an angel speed from this guy and he stated it came with the charger and came in working condition. I get it and theres a huge leak right below the bolt and no charger came with it. I try to contact him numerous times within the week and he was even online and did not respond to me. Can I file mail fraud?

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
It could be hard. He could say it was working and the charger came with it, you just messed it up and lost the charger.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Whoever

1) having devised, or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud,
or
2) for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, or to sell, dispose of, loan…
3) something of value or some item…and
4) places in any post office or authorized depository for mail matter
5) any item to be delivered by interstate carrier

shall be fined …or imprisoned for not more than 20 years, or both.
Make an assessment.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Double post, but taken from Wiki
"Mail fraud refers to any scheme which attempts to unlawfully obtain money or valuables in which the postal system is used at any point in the commission of a criminal offense."
That sums it up a little more clearly. The real question is was this a commission of a criminal offense? I'm sure we can agree that it was.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
I hope you did PayPal. I refuse to buy anything with a money order on PBN. Atleast with PayPal, there's a decent chance you'll get your money back.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Yes I used pay pal. I have told him if he doesnt respond to me by wednesday I will take legal action.
File a claim. Post PM's and screenshots on the resolution center. Picture of the marker and a brief description of the problems. PayPal are usually assholes about this and will always take the buyer's side. I've been ****ed hardcore because some dumbass bought the wrong item or broke something on eBay. But your case actually sounds legitimate. Depending on the circumstances, his account will be frozen or the funds will be automatically taken out.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Why not just leave him some bad feedback and be done with it? The amount of b.s you'd have to put up with to press charges isn't worth it.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Jim your Xtreme Paintball sig brings me back

1 - 19 of 19 Posts