Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am thinking about buying paintball guns for my family but I would need to supply about 10 people with markers, paint, and air......I have a HUGE air compressor in my shop, and was wondering if there was a way to lower costs by filling my tanks with just normal air?

works fine for a nail gun lol.

thanks in advance, Oh and does anyone know of a paintball shotgun? one that actually shoots a shotgun pattern?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
no to paintball shotgun, though i have seen a sort of double gun, where 2 guns are conformed into 1 kinda deal...how high of psi can your compressor fill? and you can only fill hpa tanks with air, it wont work with co2. 10 hpa tanks would be very expensive

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks for the reply

I am not sure really what the psi output is...its rednecked up lol....but the tank is huge on it so is the motor. at least 200psi, tank is about 6 foot tall

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
is it like an air compressor you use for filling tires? 200 psi isnt nearly enough to fill a hpa tank, hpa tanks run on 3000 psi or more

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes its for filling tires, or running air tools, etc...

the tank fills up over 3000 PSI when full, but the generator only puts out about 200psi....takes a while to fill the tank, but then the tank sends like 4-5kpsi down the air line to the power tools....when the tank starts to empty the generator kicks on and stays on till the tank is full.

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
Just a compressor with a big..resevoir I think it's called, lol. If it can't put out 3,000psi. atleast, then you'll never fill your tank completely. And 200psi. won't even fire a lot of markers like low-ends (Spyders, Pirahas, Tippmanns).

A compressor needed to fill an HPA tank would cost in the $1,000's, easy.

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
Ya, I said in the $1,000's. It's not really worth it unless you're planning on filling your tank like everyday for the next few years.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
yeah, unless you plan on charging people to fill theirs up, and you have a pretty busy area, then its not worth it to buy one...but i think he said he already has his own?

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
Alright, stop bringing back dead threads. Look at the dates of the most recent posts in the thread before you reply.

And ya, $2,750 is a lot for the normal person. Kuzz must be rich if he's supplying his entire family with everything needed to play, so who knows. He could have the best compressor out there by now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I am thinking about buying paintball guns for my family but I would need to supply about 10 people with markers, paint, and air......I have a HUGE air compressor in my shop, and was wondering if there was a way to lower costs by filling my tanks with just normal air?

works fine for a nail gun lol.

thanks in advance, Oh and does anyone know of a paintball shotgun? one that actually shoots a shotgun pattern?
So, Out of all this info you just got was the final answer NO you can not use a nailer compressor to fill your tank?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts