Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have not played since 94 now my son is old enough and wants to start playing. Can I still play woodball with old sheridan VM-68 and if so what can I do to compete?

thanks

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Accuracy, all theses people are out with their Ego's and such, but need a case of paint to hit anything.

Get comfy with your marker and if you can hit people first, then you're good to go :)

·
394 Posts
Accuracy, all theses people are out with their Ego's and such, but need a case of paint to hit anything.

Get comfy with your marker and if you can hit people first, then you're good to go :)
Wow, what kind of players do you play with? Rich First Timers? Most People that I play with that have an "Ego" or "High-End Gun" can shoot half way decent.

You'll do fine man. Just have fun, that is all what really matters.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
angel, azn's got a point. It's not entirely about accuracy about volume. since he's go it, he may as well go play with it to see how he thinks it "keeps up" once you do that, then make a descision

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
If the people you will be playing with have mechanical markers as well, you'll be fine. If they have decent electric markers and actually have the skill to use them properly you might be at a disadvantage, but just playing recreationally in the woods, you should still be ok.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
If the people you will be playing with have mechanical markers as well, you'll be fine. If they have decent electric markers and actually have the skill to use them properly you might be at a disadvantage, but just playing recreationally in the woods, you should still be ok.
I slightly disagree with DarkTamer, sure your at a disadvantage, but it's mostly in people's head.
Electro's or not, it dosn't matter all that much. The woods neutralize a lot of gun advantage. It's more about the player and being in the right spot at the right time. And then being able to shot decent.

I usually only play with my 1991 Razorback pump in the woods. I play against people with ego's, cockers, matrix's and of course your tipical tippys and so on. I don't have a problem. I have to play a little differently but I am always able to help the team.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
I slightly disagree with DarkTamer, sure your at a disadvantage, but it's mostly in people's head.
Electro's or not, it dosn't matter all that much. The woods neutralize a lot of gun advantage. It's more about the player and being in the right spot at the right time. And then being able to shot decent.

I usually only play with my 1991 Razorback pump in the woods. I play against people with ego's, cockers, matrix's and of course your tipical tippys and so on. I don't have a problem. I have to play a little differently but I am always able to help the team.
It sounds like you're actually agreeing with me in a very convoluted way... I never said he can't go out and play effectively against someone with an Ego8, it will just be a bit more difficult.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.