Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my spyder imagine 2k4, im like the biggest noob.

but... i got compressed air and the apache 2kx hopper.

ive shot like 300 balls so far... and i must say... ITS AWESOME... with no chopping ...yet...

my accuracy is umm... kinda bad... takes me like 3 - 5 shots to get my target... is there any way i can get a sight? or even a scope or that red dot thingy? for my imagine?

thanks for the help guys!!! wave:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
get a new barrel instead it will greatly increase ur accuracy than a scope will (my opinion). Are u only playing woods ball, cause then u could get a sight, if u play speed ball then don't get a sight. Get either a 14" or 16" barrel.

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
I'd also upgrade the stock barrel.

You can use a reddot sight, a scope with magnification is about useless in paintball.
Because of the vertical feed on the Imagine, you will either have to use the sight with both eyes open or find an off-set rail that will allow you to mount the sight off to one side.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
practice holding your gun and shooting, after you get it down you wont even need to try an aim. Also, a barrel would improve acuracy..

·
Registered
364 Posts
If you really want a sight I would have to recommend that you DON'T get a scope and instead go with a Red Dot Sight like Torch said.

Basically it's a piece of plastic with a red dot shone onto it.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
dont even bother with a site, its just a waste of money. Paintballs dont heave perfectly straight trajectory, so aiming at somethign with a site wont do anything, seeing as teh ball is goin to drop 10 feet iinfront of teh guy.

Just get a new barrel, one of my favorites for under $35 is teh smart parts teardrop. A barrel is one of teh most worthwhile upgrades

·
Registered
44 Posts
he asked if he could not should he and yes you can but you need to buy an off center sight rail adjustment from your local paintball store and as the above mentiond i would suggest a better barrel first and if u still want the sight then buy it but to sum it all up yes you can get a sight fro your imagine

·
Registered
22 Posts
yea if u get a sight the ball wont hit where you aim at unless your really close.. just learn your gun and the projectory. new barrel is highly recomended.

·
Registered
111 Posts
thats the noobish question ever, why put a scope on something that cant shoot 20 feet flat?

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
thats the noobish question ever, why put a scope on something that cant shoot 20 feet flat?
well now.... lets just bash spyders. hey I got an idea, why don't you just leave the spyder forums and hang oround with your rich friends who can afford to buy expensive markers. You bash spyders in the spyder forums you get flamed...

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
Even Flatlines drop, just farther away. Shots from real military sniper rifles drop too, they are just travelling at a much higher velocity so the rate of drop relative to the rate of horizontal travel is much lower so its less noticeable.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
what angry is trying to tell us (for all us stupid people) is that paintballs and real bullets fall eat exactly the same rate...the only difference is that since bullets travel faster the drop isnt' noticable untill a significant distance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts