Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking at getting a smart parts ion but was told that it's bad to use co2 with an ion. is that true? i have a spyder imagine right now and haven't had any problem using co2.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is it just for ions that co2 isn't good for it or is that any gun? what will happen if i use co2? are there hard parts that'll wear out really quick or will i just go through o-rings like crazy?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Most all mechanical guns can use CO2 without any problems. Electronic guns on the other hand are a different story and if you use CO2 on them there is the potential of a pressure spike destroying the solenoid.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i assume there isn't a way to fix that or to prevent it from happening or else someone would've already done it?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Nothing cheaper than switching to HPA. You could install an anti-siphon in your tank and run a reg like PPS stabilizer to keep the liquid CO2 out. By that point you are out $100 already and you still have to deal with the CO2 freezing your Ion at high rates of fire.

·
No. Boston balla
502 Posts
to put it plainly, get an hpa tank, aka compressed air, nitrogen. You can find steel tanks for around $40-$50 and it will be worth it in the long run if you want to upgrade from that e spyder to pretty much any other electric gun

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i bought an ion with some mods to it now all i need is a tank. is there a big difference between a 3000 and a 4500psi tank? obviously the 4500 would last longer b/c it can hold more air? so with a hpa tank you can either use compressed air or nitrogen? is there a difference between the 2? is one better than the other?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
A 4500 tank will hold more air and if you can afford one buy one because the extra capacity is nice to have. Calling HPA nitrogen is a holdover from the "old" days of paintball when they actually used nitrogen. Today if someone mentions nitrogen they are likely talking about HPA which is just regular old air compressed into a tank.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok so i'm definitley thinking a 4500psi tank then. what's the difference between being a 45, 48, 60 or 70 ci tank? i've noticed there is quite a difference between a 45 and 70.

·
No. Boston balla
502 Posts
Ci means cubic inches. The 70 ci tank will last longer, but it's also larger.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts