Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may know of the tariff that the american governmant has placed on candian softwood lumber (bored yet? keep reading) well what a bunch of B.S. the reason the entire reason this tariff was placed is so american softwood has a chance of competing with canadian softwood. Canadians do have an advantage because we don't have very strict rules with harvesting, but Americans do. The american govt' thought this was unfair and placed this 27% tariff on imported canadian softwood. Now i'm gonna list a couple reasons why this is stupid and keep in mind i have nothing against american citizens or most of it's governing but this division of governors itself.

-tens of thousands of Canadian jobs have been lost and counting

-the govt' stresses the importance of "free trade"

-lumber prices will go up in america making it worse for the general public

-the leader of this american campaign said "We are the white hats in this campaign, that's what's making it so easy." I saw red for days after i heard this.

feel free to post your own opinions and keep in mind the only things canadians did wrong was harvest lumber according to their own rules and regulations. this is kinda old but it still pisses me off to this day.

·
Registered
302 Posts
okay....just because canada is still loaded with lumber...you can ship all you want to the US and make big bucks...while the people here in the US are loosing money because everything is coming from foreign countries (thanks to Clinton) so someone has to stop it to have the US citizens rebound..so just because your country has to pay a 27% terriff, don't think we are just doing it to make your country suffer, we are trying to help the people in OUR own country first

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But the fact remains that british colubians are losing their jobs and the economy already was in great peril thanks to the NDP. then this happens? isn't there a better way to improve american lumber situations instead of picking on canadiands?

·
Registered
302 Posts
umm okay..anyways around here in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, logging is the reason this area of Michigan was settled..back in the mid-late 1800's logging crews came up here and clear cut White Pine that were 20+ feet in diameter...the trees were just huge, now there are none of those white pine left, but we still have a good growth of trees that the logging companies use to produce lumber...but if we opened up the shipment of lumber from canada into the U.S. then it would hurt our area because we would be getting lumber cheaper from Canada since its so easy to produce because of the large quanitites...its not just canada either, Chine and Japan are sinking huge trees into oceans and lakes to preserve for the future....they have HUGE resivores just chuck full of trees

·
Registered
22 Posts
Once more it seems as though the American point of view is that Canada is simply, America Jr. I'm American, but I agree with petah, if you're gonna be an a$$ hole, at least admit it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
well i mean god...he comes on here trying to get sympathy for his country becasue we added a 27% terrif on lumber coming into the US from Canada...if you came here in my town..and looked at our local LP - Louisana Pacific....they make preasurived wood and particle board...and they have HUGE stacks of it...they just can't get rid of it because of all the foreign lumber coming into the States for cheaper, so the US government has to do something about it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
one last point and i'm out. logging is huge in B.C. and i'm not looking for sympathy i was just wondering what point of view american citizens had. if i made it sound like i was hoping for sympathy then i'm stupid:p

·
Registered
302 Posts
not really, you just said your mad because of the 27% terrif n all that...and i think i posted my view clearly...the US should help out its OWN country before it helps out foreign countries

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
ya just kinda like we had the dumb ass idea to help out the people during the vietnam war, ya that was friggin smart idea wasnt it? not. we didnt even have to be there int he first place. we need to focus on our own country before others or else we will have problems ourselves, just like at vietnam and other points in history.

but im sorry our gov. can be a$$holes sometimes but we cant really control them...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Im an American, i am an asshole. There are many more like me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
just a note

the previous post has absalutely nothing to do with logging

there are many people that arent ass holes tho.

·
Registered
302 Posts
yeah....our govt isn't the nicest...but its not as bad as some other countries...like Cuba

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i don't remeber the canadian govt' being mean but what dumbasses they can be... don't even get me started on glen clark... did a half billion dollar project that 98% of the population was opposed to.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think a 27 %tariff on lumber to canada is supid theUS is making PEOPLE suffer because of some communist hippie tree hugging faggots who make policy who are the same people telling us in the US that we cant cut down trees becaus of some f_ing bird
we dont tax our friendsespecially one that we know we can count on when the s_it hits the fan
but as far as that america jr stuff goes uh huh
YOUR NOT EVEN A REAL COUNTRY ANYWAY

·
baller for life
1,231 Posts
cartman said:
I think a 27 %tariff on lumber to canada is supid theUS is making PEOPLE suffer because of some communist hippie tree hugging faggots who make policy who are the same people telling us in the US that we cant cut down trees becaus of some f_ing bird
we dont tax our friendsespecially one that we know we can count on when the s_it hits the fan
but as far as that america jr stuff goes uh huh
YOUR NOT EVEN A REAL COUNTRY ANYWAY
thats [email protected]#$%^&* hilarious, i dont like canadia people (yes i said canadia cuz thats what it should be called since it sounds better) cuz wen i went up there on a sailing trip they all wanted to kill me, i could tell by the way they stared at me..........that menacing stare!!!!!!!!!!!ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=0

·
Registered
14 Posts
Time's have changed Our kids are kids are getting worse They wont obey their parents They just want to fart and curse!
Should we blame the government? Or blame society? Or should we blame the images on TV? No, blame Canada, With all their beady little eyes And flappin heads so full of lies Blame Canada, We need to form a full assault It's Canadas fault! Don't blame me For my son Stan He saw the darn cartoon And now he's off to join the Klan! And my boy Eric once Had my picture on his shelf But now when I see him he tells me to f**k myself! Well, blame Canada It seems that erythings gone wrong Since Canada came along Blame Canada There not even a real country anyway My son could've been a doctor or a lawyer it's true instead he burned up like a piggy on a barbecue Should we blame the matches? Should we blame the fire? Or the doctors who allowed him to expire? Heck no! Blame Canada, with all their hockey hubbabaloo And that b*tch Anne Murray too Blame Canada

·
Registered
302 Posts
okay..i don't know where you live at in the US, but around here logging is big....there still are some tree huggers, but they're dumb....so don't come around blamin the US for hurting the Canadian economy..we need to think about our own first buddy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts