Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to all you doctors here (if there are any).
ever since i was about 10 years old, i've had this "mole" on my back, and now im wondering can it be skin cancer?
here is a picture, maybe some one can tell me if its just a mole or can it be cancel

my mom also has 2 small moles on her face and afew on her back, so maybe its a family thing.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Go see your dermatologist. I had one like that on my shoulder that began to become mishapen and crack open and bleed. Turns out is was a squamous cell carcinoma - just your garden variety non invasice cancer. what you don't want is it to be a malignant melanoma, those suckers are nasty -- but fear not, had it been that, you would have been dead by now. Well not really. But if it had metastetized (moved into other organs) you would have konwn it by now.

So go see your doc, they can take a biopsy and look at the cells under a microscope and tell you if they are normal or not. Either way, if you want it removed, it is a very simple procedure and doesn't even hurt.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright thanks alot fellus, i've been doing some research, and i seen that melanoma thing, it looks very painfull. this thing has nevre bled, or itched, or anything. Its soft on the top, but the thing is that i have alot of freckles on my back, and my face, so it could be just an over grown freckle, ill definatly go talk to my family doctor.

D

·
0 Posts
i have a couple on my arms and shoulders i wanna get checked out.. i went to a dermatologist maybe a year ago, she saw em, didnt say much.. so i guess they werent bad,, kinda over sized freckles.. they dont really buldge up

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
do you have any diagrams for those "sun marks" because i got a few of them lifeguarding and i just wanna make sure

1 - 10 of 10 Posts