Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
God of Unecessary Surgery
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody go to teh cannibal corpse show last sat? Macabre ****ing rocked! they never play in san francisco, I've only seen them once before and it kicked ass! they played zodiac and the vampire of duseldorf(sp?), goatwhore rockd as always and CC was CC, good but I've seen every bay area CC show since like 1996 so nothing new there...only downside to the night was a dropped my new Macabre beenie in someones puke! eww...that and my girlfriend spend the next 2 hours after we got home throwing up...more vomit, yay. Jagermeister will do that to ya. thumup:

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
KrazyKracker said:
Cannibal Corpse sucks dude, sorry to break it to you. Have you actually read their lyrics? They talk about ****ing dead bodies and haveing puss come out of their dicks, not cool at all.
It's death metal. Expect it. I personally don't like death metal at all really (melodic death is different), but lots of people do.

·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KrazyKracker said:
Cannibal Corpse sucks dude, sorry to break it to you. Have you actually read their lyrics? They talk about ****ing dead bodies and haveing puss come out of their dicks, not cool at all.
Are you ****ing kidding me? the awesome lyrics are just about all they have going for them (not that I don't like them I'm just getting a little sick of them) how can you possibly get turned off to music with songs like "Force fed Broken Glass" "Meat hook Sodomy" "Necropedophile" and "F###ed With a Knife".

And if you think CC has sick lyrics you don't know anything about death metal. Check out Autopsy, older and IMO better....its all about Necrocannibalisticvomitorium and "Orgy in Excrement" oh and my personal favorite "Battery Acid Enema".

ok but seriously, their not death metal but some of the best song titles in the world come from this band Anal Cu#t. I can't say half of them here but here’s a few: "wind chimes are gay", "I just saw the gayest guy on earth", "I sent a thank you card to the guy that raped you", "I made your kid get aids so you could watch him die". oh "you've got cancer" and...what else "you look adopted" and "you look divorced"....ohhh and "your kid died because you suck"

have fun in church!

·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TonyD246 said:
It's death metal. Expect it. I personally don't like death metal at all really (melodic death is different), but lots of people do.
sry for the double post but I just saw yer message. hey you like melodic death metal?have you checked out Fragments of Unbecomeing? super sick melodic black\death crossover, somwhere between Old Man's Child and Vehemence (also both good bands). I just picked up their CD a few months ago and haven't been able to stop listening to them. Actually Death Metal isn't my favorite I'm more into Black Metal (anything anti christian really) speed metal and thrash. but I like it all really.

Oh and FYI (not you tony, I'm sure u know) not all Death Metal has lyrics like CC, CC is technically "Gore Metal" which is basically death metal with sick lyrics (check out Necrophagist, excelent math\gore\death metal band, it'll increase yer I.Q. its so complicated)

·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well sorta. there is a big genre called math rock, a friend of mine at work is in a math rock band, one of the main bands that started the movement is call weights and measures. not many people refer to anything as Math Metal, its more often referred to as pretentious death metal. its basically metal that is so complicated you'd have to be a genius to remember how to play the song the same way every time. time changes, 100000 rifs in the same song, stuff like that. heres a link to the necrophagist web site, they have samples you can download (they did, site is under construction but check out the tab), check out culinary hyperversity or foul body autopsy.http://www.necrophagist.de/
other mathesque bands to check out, Gorguts (particularly the album erosion of sanity and obscura), Cephalic Carnage and actually Dilinger Escape Plan is almost math metal as well.

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
Hathegkla said:
Are you ****ing kidding me? the awesome lyrics are just about all they have going for them (not that I don't like them I'm just getting a little sick of them) how can you possibly get turned off to music with songs like "Force fed Broken Glass" "Meat hook Sodomy" "Necropedophile" and "F###ed With a Knife".

And if you think CC has sick lyrics you don't know anything about death metal. Check out Autopsy, older and IMO better....its all about Necrocannibalisticvomitorium and "Orgy in Excrement" oh and my personal favorite "Battery Acid Enema".

ok but seriously, their not death metal but some of the best song titles in the world come from this band Anal Cu#t. I can't say half of them here but here’s a few: "wind chimes are gay", "I just saw the gayest guy on earth", "I sent a thank you card to the guy that raped you", "I made your kid get aids so you could watch him die". oh "you've got cancer" and...what else "you look adopted" and "you look divorced"....ohhh and "your kid died because you suck"

have fun in church!
Hathegkla said:
sry for the double post but I just saw yer message. hey you like melodic death metal?have you checked out Fragments of Unbecomeing? super sick melodic black\death crossover, somwhere between Old Man's Child and Vehemence (also both good bands). I just picked up their CD a few months ago and haven't been able to stop listening to them. Actually Death Metal isn't my favorite I'm more into Black Metal (anything anti christian really) speed metal and thrash. but I like it all really.

Oh and FYI (not you tony, I'm sure u know) not all Death Metal has lyrics like CC, CC is technically "Gore Metal" which is basically death metal with sick lyrics (check out Necrophagist, excelent math\gore\death metal band, it'll increase yer I.Q. its so complicated)

Ha I think it's funny that you say being anti-christian automatically makes the band good to you. You've just proven your level of inteligence.

·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Gabriot said:
Ha I think it's funny that you say being anti-christian automatically makes the band good to you.
Sorry dude never said that. yer just making stuph up. I like most antichristian metal genera’s not any band with anti christian lyrics. And in the thread you quoted I was referring specifically to my tastes in black metal, read it again. It’s not all antichristian, a lot of it is pro-Viking, satanic, heathen, atheist or just really pissed off.

Ninja7 said:
so its not math as in scales/modes/chorde structures.
No, I'm saying it is. though it would be pretty funny if they wrote songs about math. pretty nerdy though. Actually my friend matt (****ing genius, working on phd after he graduates) is super into death metal and about to graduate with a degree in mechanical engineering, he'd probably write songs about math. I think he said he was thinking about getting some sort of math related tattoo, that would be kinda cool (ever seen the pillow book?)...yeah math=teh roxxor.

·
Registered
418 Posts
KrazyKracker said:

indeed

crazytiest most dimented band i have ever heard.....cant even hear what they are saying which is a good thing cause more then likely you would throw up just from hearing them...............horrible band

·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ILNC said:
more then likely you would throw up just from hearing them...............horrible band
I think we have different definitions of what makes good music; I've been waiting for a band that can make me vomit, that would be a major selling point for me. though I think at this point it's a major accomplishment to disturb or sicken me, I've seen some **** in my day that would probably cause most of you to require therapy...actually I have some pictures....so if you wanna vomit into your own mouth...pm me (don't worry this stuff is way worse than anything that’s ever been on rotten.com...trust me :D )

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Hathegkla said:
No, I'm saying it is. though it would be pretty funny if they wrote songs about math. pretty nerdy though. Actually my friend matt (****ing genius, working on phd after he graduates) is super into death metal and about to graduate with a degree in mechanical engineering, he'd probably write songs about math. I think he said he was thinking about getting some sort of math related tattoo, that would be kinda cool (ever seen the pillow book?)...yeah math=teh roxxor.
Haha, Tool has a song called Parabola. I've heard them called math rock, but I don't really think so.

·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TonyD246 said:
Haha, Tool has a song called Parabola. I've heard them called math rock, but I don't really think so.
I'll have to check it out, tool's not really my thing but I got mad respect for them, their old videos kicked ass. when I get back from camping I’m gonna post that Necriophagist song they used to have free for download on their website if any of you are interested in some good math metal. well, just pray I don't get shot, there’s gonna be alot of angry metal heads with guns in the Mojave desert this weekend...hehe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts