Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, hopefully you can help me out here. A friend gave me an old electronic spyder ACS, and I've spent all day repairing it. I've cleaned it, lubed it, and replaced all the O-rings. The battery is brand new, the tank is brand new and freshly filled. The problem I am now having is that once I cock it, the gun wont fire.

I can hear the solenoid "ticking" whenever I pull the trigger, but the striker stays in position. With the whole gun disassembled, the sear moves totally normally. The only way to get the bolt assembly to move when it is attached to the grip frame is to remove the back plate so there is practically no forward pressure (towards the muzzle) being exerted on the striker.

I have no idea how much force the solenoid should be exerting on the sear, but when I pushed on the sear at the point where it actuates with the solenoid it did seem like an awful lot of force would be needed to actually disengage the sear from the striker.

I tried filing down the striker catch a little, but then got skittish and came here.

TL;DR It seems like the barrel spring is putting way too much force on the striker and is causing it to seize against the sear?

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
is this an older model?

There's a very high chance that you either need a new battery, or that that the capacitor on the circuit board needs replaced. Sometimes a regular 9v battery isn;t enough. those old spyders came with a 9.5v rechargeable battery, I believe. I would try the capacitor first; if you have an electronic store in town, give them a visit. It shouldn't be over $5 to replace it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts