Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Paint-Sprayer
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a tippmann 98 custom platinum series with ACT yesterday. I got it out of the box and put the barrel on and noticed that it seemed as if it were a little harder than usual to put the barrel on. (ive owned a 98 before) I then took it off and put it back on 2 more times and now its stuck on there. The barrel is straight, so i didnt put it in crooked or anything but now it just wont come off! :mad: Its stuck in the gun and i cant twist it to get it out. Any solutions for this problem?
I appreciate any help!
Thanks.

·
Paint-Sprayer
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I plan on returning the gun tomorrow to the store, since it seems like they sold me a POS gun. (it was on display too). I just don't want to try to return it and then they utry to take the barrel off and blame me about "breaking the gun" then not letting me return it. So this is why i want to get the barrel off asap!

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Isn't the 98c the one with the ridiculously thick threading that makes it next to impossible to cross thread?

I'd try and take the clamshell body apart to get to the barrel

·
Paint-Sprayer
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Isn't the 98c the one with the ridiculously thick threading that makes it next to impossible to cross thread?

I'd try and take the clamshell body apart to get to the barrel
Wow, well i took it apart and it came out pretty easy. Cant believe i didnt try that, guess i wanted to be safe..anyways thanks alot!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts