Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i used to paint ball along time ago but now every thing is new to me. have nothing for paintballing, only have 100$ what should i do? looking at the tlx should i or not buy it help this poor miserable child.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
New:Victor, vl grav feed hopper, elbow, 16-20oz co2, mask (get thermal lens if u can trust me its worth it.)
Used: look around at pbn BST. u could prolly find some pretty decent beginner setups as a package.

Just go with a low-end spyder, i cant think of a reason why anyone would recomend anything else :shrug:

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
I don't think they allow spyders in the BST on PBN, a friend of mine posted his and they deleted it so he asked why and they said there would be too many if they allowed everyone to sell spyders there. Try the BST here at PBF or even check ebay. I would recommend the Xtra over the TL though, they are basically identical except in appearance, and the Xtra costs about $25 less, leaving you with more money for your mask etc... The Victor II isn't a bad choice either. Basically get the least expensive spyder or piranha that you can find because they will all perform about the same. There are other companies that make guns in this price range, but Kingman (Spyder) and PMI (piranha) are the most popular for a reason.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
^ yup. weird that they don't just make a special spyder section on the nation... check here, and ebay, preferably here. you'll find some deals i'm sure. depending on what type of paintball you want to play(woods or speed) you should either go spyder or tippmann. both can be purchased used within your price range.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Another option is to go pump. Pump guns like the ACI maverick are cheap, reliable, and you save a LOT of money on paint. While a full day with a semi-auto might mean 1000 to 2000 rounds of paint, with a pump you'll rarely break 500 unless you just use the auto trigger and throw paint all day. I strongly suggest it because pump is more challenging and rewarding when you win because, unlike the electro guns, when you win with a pump it's all you not just a win because you chucked more paint at the other team.

·
Banned
920 Posts
save up $30 and get a newer Imagine

·
Registered
440 Posts
One of the etailers had JT 3.5 packages for 49.99 included the mask ,gravity hopper,marker,co2tank,plug,squegee.I think they are now 69.99 but still a good deal.I bought two sets as gifts for christmas.I know brass eagle but hey electro ,all metal and will take spyder barrels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts