Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a system for my Z. Nothing top of the line, just something simple to raise the resale a bit. I don't really want to spend a fortune, so of course I don't care about super good quality stuff, just something basic.

Could someone with knowledge of car audio piece a system together? What brands are good? What type of amp do I want? How hard is it to wire it in? Can I keep the stock system and also run an aftermarket one?

-Jinjiro

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
does yours have the bose sound system?

i am only listing brands i have used and would buy again
Pioneer
JVC
Panasonic
clarion
kicker
kenwood
polk audio
blaupunkt
rockford fosgate
concept
jbl
and a crap load more

what type of amp you need depends on what you are going to push with it do you want a subwoofer in the system and do you want to run your component speakers off of a seperate amp

wiring it is fairly easy if you have done any kind of wiring before

for about $500 you could put a nice system in there with a sub setup you can do it cheaper if you buy used equipment

Kenwood KDC-MP228 CD/MP3 $150

Blaupunkt TSx652 6-1/2" 2-way Speakers $50

Polk GXR46 4"x6" 2-way Speakers $40

Rockford Fosgate Bass Package
Punch 201S 2-channel amp and two Punch Stage 1 10" subwoofers $200

plus maybe $50-75 on misc parts wire,rca's,and connectors

all this stuff was found on www.crutchfield.com so i am sure you can find the same stuff cheaper on a different site hope this helps

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. Thanks for the help. Yeah, my car has the BOSE (BLOSE) system in it, and for right now it's all right, but I'm probably going to add a system in the future. I've already got a CD/MP3 unit in there, so that'll save me some money.

I take it if I run the component speakers and the sub off the same amp it'll save me some money, right? Any downside to this?

Thanks

-Jin

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
you really cant run your components and sub off of the same amp because of the frequency range difference subs put out a real low frequency and component speakers are higher i cant think of the numbers right now but you get the picture a small component amp wont run you too much and it will sound alot better

this would be good for running your component speakers Profile AP740 $130 60w x 4 continouius(sp)

what brand and model cd player do you have depending on what you have you might be able to run your componets off of that

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not exactly sure on what the CD player is, it was installed when I bought the car. It's a Pioneer, detatchable head unit. Umm, I guess I could pull the bezel off and see if I can find out more.

So it's looking like about $400 or so, right? $200 for the bass package, $100 for an amp, and another $50-100 for component speakers.

-Jin

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
it should have the model number on the front of the face plate it will probly start with DEH or something similar if you can get a pic i can tell you what it is

and thats about right on the prices and you might be able to pick up some used or clearance stuff at pawn shops or best buy places like that and save some money that way

·
startx: command not found
3,991 Posts
I got my system(Head unit, subs, and amp) for $330...

JVC Head unit with MP3 capability and cool **** like that - $150
2 Pioneer 400w 10" Subs - $80
Kenwood 350 w amp - $100

it's not the hardest hitting system out there, but keep in mind I put this in a truck with a small cab.

·
startx: command not found
3,991 Posts
it doesn't sound too bad, just make sure to NOT turn up your Bass adjustment on the head unit, if anything turn it down. That makes sure little to no bass is being run to your small speakers and so they don't distort till you turn them up really loud. And don't worry, your sub will still hit hard.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Id get some mid range tweeters (ran off the CD player) a medium price range amp (up to 500 watts) make sure its a good amp or the wattage will be way off. And get some midrange subs...

Polk
Kicker CVRs
Rockford Fosgate Punch

Something along those lines...make sure the box is real neat and clean looking along with the mounting of the tweeters and amp.

----take it from someone whos spent WAY too much in audio...this is the way to go.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
meh, that's b4 i installed them, that's a pic of all of them... i dont have any pics of them installed cuz you cant really see anything but the backs of the boxes and the amps...

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
my cousin has a decent system in his car

2, 12 inch JL W7's
2 JL 1000 watt amps
JL tweeters
and a Pioneer unit...i love how it sounds...has great bass and good highs from the tweeters...needs some mid-range speakers though

in one of my friends cars he has 2, 12 inch MTX subs with 2 really crappy amps...i dont know how many watts they are or what brand...they sound ok for what he paid for them (100 bucks each)..and he has a sony xplod cd player

i like kicker and mtx the most for subs...also...you might be able to find some bass tubes for a decent price

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
Snip3r said:
JL Audio W7s ROCK OFF!!!!! I bet that thing sounds good....

Im a kicker guy tho...
yea...it sounds great...one of them is enough...2 is insane

one of his "friends" broke into his car one time...stole his old subs (2 10 inch W6's), his amp (2 1000 watt), and about 150 cd's...everything but the cd's were insured...so my cousin got the insurance money and saved a little more to get the w7's and a nice enclosure

1 - 19 of 19 Posts