Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else saving up money for a car right now? my fund is at about 2000 right now.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
i don't have a job so its all i can do to pay for pb, much less a car. soooo i drive our truck, a 94 ford ranger...

anybody care to contribute to the "get larry a 5.0 V8 to swap into the ranger" fund?

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
As of now i have nothing except for a Chrysler Lebaron that I could hock for 2 grand. Im lookin at buying a Volkswagen GLX when i turn 18 and can make car payments. Im gonna sell the Lebaron and hopefully by february i would have saved up more money for a down payment. I figure:

7000-
2000(lebaron)
and maybe 1000saved
---------------------
4000 ill owe in payments.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
lbreevesii said:
anybody care to contribute to the "get larry a 5.0 V8 to swap into the ranger" fund?
you can buy my SO 5.0 from my Tbird when I swap it out for a HO 5.0 :yum

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
how much? even an SO would be a BIG upgade for the ranger. only prob is i'll have to have a new tranny, driveshaft, and beefier rear end.(junk yard explorers here i come!). after having the old f-150 w/ a 351 cleveland(HO) i'm starving now that i'm stuck either w/ a 3.0 or a 1.8(ranger and camry respectively)

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
mine currently is at about $1500, but that'll be gone once christmas passes, I'll have clost to two grand, so, it looks like FMIC, EVOIII 16g turbo, Apex Super AFC-II, injectors, and after if I have the cash, some 17s with some new tires, the Firehawks are getting a little old, and possibly a Carbon-Fiber hood, but I'm still debating, and then project talon will hopefully be complete.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
you can get a turbo, injectors, wheels and tires for under 2grand? must buy used :p

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
no wheels and tires & CF hood would be nice to have, but its performance before looks. Maybe with the tax check a CF hood, or I might be looking into some sparcos, but probably just save the cash up.

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
thepunkdrummer said:
no wheels and tires & CF hood would be nice to have, but its performance before looks.

Yeah thats always what I have said. I mean why have good looks if you cant back them up? I have dusted honda civics with...jeeze it had to be at least $5000 in aftermarket appearance parts with an effing Lebaron...its just a joke.

And I TOTALLY forgot about tax returns. That will also be going towards my down payment on the Jetta. (Should be about 200, but hey every little bit helps.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts