Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now before you scream ricer... I'm getting a damn good deal. My stock hood + $150 for a Carbon Fiber hood. No, it's not a cheapie home made ebay hood, it's a deal one. I don't know which kind it is yet, but I've seen it and it looks good. I wasn't planning on getting one, but for $150 I can't pass it up. Once I get the fender fixed up and the rear end prettied up, maybe get a OEM spoiler... thing would look soooo nice. I'm still considering selling it. I've actually grown onto the car lately. Sure it's slow, but hey it's fun to drive and it probably outhandles pretty much any car on here. :tup

I'd still like to boost or swap, but if I decide to keep the car I'm just going to start saving for a Gixxer and a little bit for college. Keep the Lude as a DD or something.

I'll get pics once I buy it and get it lined up right and everything.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
i doubt it outhandles all of the RWD cars with posi rears, and i promise you id doesnt even outhandle my jeep with a posi rear... i can fly through the twisties faster than my friend in his rsx-s and he's a crazy ass bastard...

anyhow i woudlnt do CF, but hey that's just my personal preference, so meh...

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Your most likely going to do it no matter what anyone on here says, since your in that whole "scene", why not save yourself the flaming and just not say anything about it?

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Taken into consideration that it's a $550 hood.. it will help the resale. I'm just trying to make the thing look clean, so someone will be like damn that thing looks cool and want to pay some good bank on it. Black CF hood on white car looks so ****ing good IMO.

HuNtS - The prelude is pretty much the best handling Honda other than the S2000. Mostly every article I have read has said that the Prelude handling is easily in the top 10. Outhandles my buddies old Porsche 944 pretty damn good. If I get some new suspension I'm going to start doing autocross, just for fun. I already got some pretty good tires.. Nokian Racing.. never heard of them but they grip really damn good.

Oh and the whole GSX-R thing... yeah I've talked to people who ride, stunt, race, etc. and yeah they said a 600 would be fine for a starter bike. I know plenty of people who ride 600s and it's their first bike. Look at Bubba. I'll be taking all of the MSF Rider Safety Courses of course. It's all about self control, only thing I'm worried about is laying it down on a high speed turn or someone else on the road not paying attention.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
id get it if you were going to paint it. People who have those black carbon hoods on a car look like they just picked one up from a junkyard and havent got arond to painting it.

oh, and BTW, it wont help resale, unless youll get someone as gullable as you to buy it. I know i sure as hell wouldnt want a car w/o matching color. Taste the rainbow......

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I got it yesterday and it's pretty damn nice. Authentic Carbon Fiber, not the cheap ebay ****. I don't really care what you guys think. I think it looks good and clean. Considering the deal I got on this, I couldn't pass it up.

I'll get pictures later on today.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
how does it look clean?!? its a WHITE car with a DARK GREY carbon fiber hood. those colors are the exact opposite. I doubt it looks clean. And, if you dont care what we think, then why post it?

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
1337 said:
It's all about self control, only thing I'm worried about is laying it down on a high speed turn or someone else on the road not paying attention.
I know we've explained this time and time again to you, but you seem too dull to understand. With a 600cc superbike, self control is nothing. Those things are so twitchy and unpredictable, with a noob rider who doesn't respect the sheer power and capability of it, disaster is imminent. As I've told you before, a gixxer has the power/weght ratio twice that of a viper, and half the wheels.

Those who tell you a 120hp superbike is a good beginners' bike are either a) ****ing retarded or b) don't care for you and want to see you get hurt. Sure, a 600 is a good beginners bike, if it's an older 600 or a 650 twin. You may think that riding your friend's bike around the block a few times prepares you for the road, but that just shows how horribly ignorant you are.

But obviously common sense and logic does not sway you from getting what you want. So go ahead and get that gixxer, and we'll sit here waiting for carnage pics. All I have left to say is I hope you spend plenty of money on decent gear and are covered by your parent's health insurance. Don't buy a $500 helmet and nothing else like a tard either.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
1337 said:
Oh and the whole GSX-R thing... yeah I've talked to people who ride, stunt, race, etc. and yeah they said a 600 would be fine for a starter bike. I know plenty of people who ride 600s and it's their first bike. Look at Bubba. I'll be taking all of the MSF Rider Safety Courses of course. It's all about self control, only thing I'm worried about is laying it down on a high speed turn or someone else on the road not paying attention.
Read inkdforlife's posts in the PbN ST Auto section, he did a good writeup about it..

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mavsfan31 said:
Read inkdforlife's posts in the PbN ST Auto section, he did a good writeup about it..
That's a paintball forum...

I don't really give a **** zpyro. I'm sick of how you think your OPINION is always correct. Actually that goes to more than half the people in this section. You're only giving me **** because you don't like me. Look at Bubba, he got a 600cc bike and you didn't give him any **** for it. I don't want to buy a 250 or 500 then sell it a few months later because I outgrew it.

It's not like I'm going to go buy a bike and flip it the first day I get it. That's why I plan on taking the riders safety course. Good friend of mine said he'd even help me out learning how to be a good rider.

So just lay the **** off already.

·
398 Posts
1337 said:
I don't really give a **** zpyro. I'm sick of how you think your OPINION is always correct. Actually that goes to more than half the people in this section. You're only giving me **** because you don't like me. Look at Bubba, he got a 600cc bike and you didn't give him any **** for it.
He has a point.

I say, get the bike, take it slow just ride around get the feel, dont do anything stupid. If its to much power sell it, no big deal.

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
Carbon fiber looks good, is theres multiple pieces of it, like lip spoiler, hood, SMALL wing, and that kinda stuff, but looks out of place when its just a hood.

As for the gixxer, Good luck.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I see nothing wrong with getting a 600 for starters.... I know many people who have started off with them and have never wrecked or anything. But one of them was going down his driveway the first day he had it, gave it a lil too much gas and wrecked...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.