Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have been battling with myself on deciding between a CCM like so.. I read through the "about pumps" section, and others, but I still have questions.

CCM T2 MidBlock Pump Marker-Pol Blk/Purple-45 w/Inserts - eBay (item 150497172514 end time Nov-21-10 09:31:21 PST)

or getting something like this...

I&I WGP Trilogy Sport Autococker Pump Stock Gun $195! - eBay (item 380286680046 end time Dec-07-10 08:38:36 PST)

What makes CCM so good? What are the pluses to using their stuff versus just grabbing a trilogy and fitting that up with CCM parts? I have a hard time justifying spending anything above $500 for a pump gun, which I am hoping you guys can clarify for me.

Is the Karnivore stuff from CCM top of the line? What makes it top of the line?

In that case, what do you guys think of these guns?

WGP Karnivor Autococker CCM Pump Silver Black Karni - eBay (item 180582621192 end time Nov-09-10 22:06:29 PST)

Orrical autococker pump with ccm parts - eBay (item 320612751795 end time Nov-13-10 17:59:38 PST)

Next question.. an E pump!? What is the main benefit from this!?

Very Rare WGP STO CCM eletric pump marker Purple Blue - eBay (item 250717525899 end time Nov-25-10 14:53:56 PST)

To add a little more info about me, I am shooting a semi auto 2k blazer right now, and have also been considering on just converting that to a pump.. X(

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
The T2 is just a really high quality and good looking open class pump built and designed from scratch that apparently has a very smooth pump stroke. CCM has built a reputation for having great quality and unmatched customer service but for all intents and purposes you aren't going to see a huge performance increase from one pump over another it isn't like going from a 98C to a DM 10 or something like that.

If you don't see the point in spending $500+ for a pump it probably isn't something you are going to be happy with if you bought it. If what you want is a pump for the odd pump game or to give pump play a try I'd just buy a pump kit for your Blazer or buy a used Trracer or Phantom.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice!

What about auto triggers? I hear some people say they are essential for pumping, and other people say they are just semi auto for people who don't like admitting it, and you can't aim for squat with it.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Thanks for the advice!

What about auto triggers? I hear some people say they are essential for pumping, and other people say they are just semi auto for people who don't like admitting it, and you can't aim for squat with it.
That's a touchy area. Some guys love auto triggers and some don't and more than a few people say they really go against the spirit of using a pump in the first place. If you want to play pump and have the backup plan of a bit of firepower (and you can throw a lot of paint with one) auto triggers are nice to have but I'd never say they were essential.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
The T2 is just a really high quality and good looking open class pump built and designed from scratch that apparently has a very smooth pump stroke. CCM has built a reputation for having great quality and unmatched customer service but for all intents and purposes you aren't going to see a huge performance increase from one pump over another it isn't like going from a 98C to a DM 10 or something like that.
The pump stroke is heavenly.

CCM makes a top-notch product and supports it with a lifetime warranty. I think they're absolutely worth the price, but that comes down to personal preference. Always try before you buy if possible; it's cheaper than buying/selling/trading until you figure out what you like best (though maybe not as fun).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts