Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/mars_volta_bottled_onstage.html

The Mars Volta walked off stage at the Endfest on Saturday (August 12), after being pelted, in perfect Reading fashion, with bottles of piss, reports DiS.
The band were playing the event -- held at the White River Ampitheatre in Auburn (Washington State) and also featuring Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Gossip and Wolfmother -- when the crowd turned against them. Presumably lengthy prog-rock workouts weren't the flavour of the day in Washington at the weekend.

Websites including Pitchfork and NME.com have reported on the incident, but as yet the band have not made any official comment. Reports state that Omar Rodriguez-Lopez smashed his guitar against his amplifier before departing the stage, with singer Cedric Bixler-Zavala asking the crowd to find the offending urine-hurlers.

"I will pay $100 to $1,000 to somebody to find the person that's throwing urine up here," he told the crowd. "I will give you free merchandise and a lifetime supply [of passes] to Mars Volta shows. Find that person and kick his ass for me. Bring me his head and we'll be friends."

The band also suffered technical problems prior to their early exit.
Had a friend at this show, said it was nuts.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Damn,that suck's. The Mars Volta is pretty sick though.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
the mars volta seemt o tour with bands whose fans just clash completely.. not too many RHCP fans can enjoy mars volta at the same time. i mean i do, but the majority of RHCP fans probably dont.. as we can see..

they got wrecked on tour opening for system of a down, i think they should go on tour with bands more like themselves.

a coheed and cambria/mars volta tour would be amazing..

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
haha I have a friend that went to endfest, but He didn't say anything about this..i'll have to ask him the next time i see this, that is hilarious.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Haha I just found out my Uncle listen's to them.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I went to the RHCP/Mars Volta show on Monday night and it all went well. No piss throwing, and a lot of the crowd was into it. It isn't really my style of music, and their amps and such didn't sound like they were set up right, but they definitely had some serious talent and enthusiasm.

RHCP blew them away though...my god that concert was amazing.

·
Almost leet
1,999 Posts
Floyd and TMV would perfect sad that cant happen

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OhRLY said:
They should tour with Cannibal Corpse.

Can speaking of clashing, can you explain to me how AILD (A band that claims it's christian) tours with Cannibal corpse ( a band that talks about raping dead childen)?
Prolly because you can't understand what anyone says anyway.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts