Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, 'Eid-ul-Fitr to everybody who's muslim on the forum. This past Sunday was the first day of the celebration. It's a three day celebration so I've got today and tommorow off. Got some presents, not glamorous, but good enough. I'm happy with it, and definately happy to eat in the day again.

I just felt like putting this up.

·
Banned
794 Posts
actually the last day was friday. For some reason many people thought the last day was saturday. It even said from the mosque in Medina of Prophet Muhammed (SHWS) that the last day was friday

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We got our info from people in Lebanon and hten checked for ourselves. It was on Saturday bud.

·
Banned
794 Posts
wow im pretty sure ther biggest mosque in the world knows a tiny triny bit more then lebanon. O and lebanese girls arew sooooooooooooo hott

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well some mosques are different than ours. We're Sunni muslims. We used the solar position of the moon that night and knew how it was. We don't go and look weeks ahead like some have.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
SpYder craZy said:
allekem ill salam
Well I was somewhat close... So much for trying to be multicultural.

I also saw it as Ill Salam Aleykum -- is that more correct? It is my understanding that it means "Greetings in Peace" or something to that effect (damn I hope I am right. If I am butchering your heritage, I sincerely apologise)

·
Banned
794 Posts
MedicDVG said:
Well I was somewhat close... So much for trying to be multicultural.

I also saw it as Ill Salam Aleykum -- is that more correct? It is my understanding that it means "Greetings in Peace" or something to that effect (damn I hope I am right. If I am butchering your heritage, I sincerely apologise)

when i said allekem ill salem i meant hello back. You spelled it fine the first time I was just saying hi back

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As Salam a' lakum means hello.

Waa' lacom as alam is more of a reply to hello. These two can also be used if your going and you want to say goodbye.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know how to write arabic that well. But I'm good at speaking it.

I'll get my dad to read what it says when he gets home. It just seems like a bunch of letters put together. I got to get it checked with mah dad first. Some arab I am....

·
Banned
794 Posts
if im not mistaken it means peace be upon you and your family?? Fastecho it doesnt matter if u can read it or nbot, I had to go to Islam school every saturday for 6 hours for 3 years just to read arabic

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spyder, I know all the basics in Islam. 13 attributes, etc. I'm pretty educated there.

Now Arabic is a different story, I know how to speak it all but writing is just harder. But yeah, Spyder, do I sense hostility? Us muslims should be kind to one another. We live in a time where we're not exactly the favorite of the average American.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts