Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is aimed more at Verizon customers. Im going to be getting a new phone within the next couple of days and i was debating mostly between 2. The Razr and the Treo 650. The Razr is cool for obvious reasons, plus Verizon has the new V3c model which is supposed to be better. But I like the Treo because its a smartphone and i think they are going to be the new big thing. I think normal phones will become obsolete. The Razr got amazing reviews while the Treo was only average. So what would you guys take? Or if theres any other model i should look into lemme know. thanks

·
12,110 Posts
My cell phone story

Today I went to the mall to get my phone replaced or fixed.

The antennae broke off ( so I melted it with a soddering iron/lighter to make it rounded off)

The screen has two blobs of liquid crystal that appear on dark images

The keys stick

So I go tot he lady and tell her the deal.. I wanted to get one of those i580 indestructable ones. She said I'd have to pay full retail becuase my contract isnt up.

But she says they can repair my phone (I dont see the logic in repairing it... all you can keep is the circuitboard and maybe the camera lens). IT would be 45 minutes... So I drop it off and go to home depot.

I knew somethign was fishy. Nothing gets fixed in 45 minutes. Nothing that has to do with cell phones works as smooth as this. Its just a law of physics.

I go back and boom, "Sorry, theres damage to the circuitboard, send it to your insurance company"

Tonight, I'm going to stomp on it, then flush it down the toilet.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I would help you, but its Verizon. Just ask yourself if you'll actually use the features of the 650 or not, that will pretty much make the decision for you.

O

·
0 Posts
Haha so my teammate said he had his cell resting on something near his toilet or in his sweatshirt pocket or something and it fell in. He flushed it because he didn't wanna deal (had dirreah (sp)). And it clogged his toilet. So then he decides to reach in and get it. It's clogged. His friend had to get a snake to get it out and by then it was dead.

I laughed.

·
<a href="http://www.picoo
3,251 Posts
My whole family got new fones this weekend.

I got a razr V3c, my mom got a pink razr V3c, and my dad got a Treo (the newest model, it's like 630 without all of Verizons discounts and all that).

Well the Treo is cool because its got all these windows things, and WMP. It doesn't have V cast but it does have its own thing, including live T.V. The internet is okay on it (B). The little keys on the keyboard are annoyingly hard to press and get one of them at a time. It's kinda user friendly. Big. Nice gadgets though. Nice crisp display. Very customizable. Not bad of a camera. Makes videos

Razr is nice and light. Keys look verrrrry cool. Nice crisp display, V-cast, no windows programs. Internet is meh (C). No flash, and all motorola camera's on the fones suck. Amazingly good looking, nice and thin. Cool little tools, lots of free stuff on Verizon dl's, and v-cast is unlimited for 15$ a month and comes with broadband internet. I like the world clock thing (most fones have it though). Very customizable. Has a port that most Sony digital cameras use to dl pics into comp. Makes videos.

Razr's biggest downfall is that sometimes when you go to pull it out of your pocket you hit the buttons that are of the screen flip and it ignores the call.

Treo's is its size.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
i have one of these

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
I've always wanted a treo. my dad had one and i would surf the net on it all the time cuz my phone just wouldn't work

·
Lounging around since '04
300 Posts
p8ntballweird said:
alltell is the best company around here for service pretty much
I have a pretty badass phone:
nokia 6255
thats like MetroPCS for south Florida, i know a bunch of people with that phone, the reception sucks for metro though, thats why im happier with T-Mobile.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
RalphWL19 said:
thats like MetroPCS for south Florida, i know a bunch of people with that phone, the reception sucks for metro though, thats why im happier with T-Mobile.
Too bad T-Mobile has crappy service too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts