Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
<a href="http://www.picoo
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I KNOW IT'S LONG, BUT IF YOU CAN HELP ME AND HAVE A LOT OF KNOWLEDGE ON PHONES PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT

Alright, I'd put this in Technology but I will never get a reply.

So, currently I have a Motorola Q. I got this phone because it was offered to me, has a keyboard, is thin, and loads most websites. I currently CANNOT use the browser because it was hacked and I got a nice $800 bill in the mail, not fun, especially when Verizon didn't care about me because I'm not an adult and told me someone has to pay for it.

The Q really does fit my personallity, I really like the thiness, keyboard, and internet (yes, I know, most phones have internet, but they don't really load websites). The thing about it that I don't like is it doesn't have Get it Now or actual Windows programs (like the Treo does).

So since it doesn't have the programs (pretty damn important to me) or Get it Now (not very important, but I still miss it) I have been looking at selling it and picking up a Chocolate. I really like the Chocolate because of the music (I know the Q you can have music too but I can't get it to work), the slider feature, touch buttons, and glossy look. Plus the fact that the keyboard on the Q gets old and I miss using iTap (I have no reason why, one of the main reasons I liked the Q so much was because of the keyboard..), also it's an impressive phone, and living in Scottsdale, everyone has to be better than eachother and I'm sick of it so nobody can really beat that phone, and I really don't want to go back to trying to have the best ****, and I have a fealing that what happened to the Razr will happen to the Chocolate, cool rare phone for 6 months, then every 11 year old you see has one, and really don't want that.

So, if anyone has any knowledge on these phones please tell me which one you think I should stick with, also remember I'm just a teen, but I still use the main features of the Q, I'm all about selling stuff to people.

**Please post if you ACTUALLY have knowledge on these phones (own them, work with them, or sell them)**

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
nice quote :D

what windows programs are you wanting? I know it has media player and such, but I also know that you can't edit documents like spreadsheets etc. like PDAs. The Chocolate, as you know, doesn't have anything. It's just a phone, and you just pay for the form factor (slider) and the touch-sensitive keys.

If you actually do any kind of real internet surfing, email etc., stick with the Q. You can only do VERY basic email stuff with the WAP browsers on the regular phones, and can't visit a lot of sites cuz they're too big and/or not WAP enabled.

I say keep the Q til something better comes along.

·
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I actually use the internet for something, but currently unless I change my number (which I am NOT doing) I will not have it.

The programs I want are Word and Powerpoint and I wouldn't mind Excel, my dad's Treo has them.

·
6,721 Posts
why would you have to change your number??

and i thought you could at least create word documents on it...that's the thing about the Q, it has the PDA form factor and everything, but is aimed more towards the user who wants more than a phone, but not a PDA. unfortunately, the only way to get those features is to switch to a treo.

have you checked out the XV6700? I know that, if I had any kind of pda/smartphone, I'd go for that one.
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/Verizon-XV6700.htm
it has everything the treo has, and then some. and since the keyboard slides out, it's much bigger and therefore the keys are bigger. it's great to type on.

·
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking at it, but since I was buying the phones at full retain, it was a pretty penny that I couldn't afford.

I would have to change my number because for some reason every time I use the internet browser some guy who hacked me also has access to it and it ran me a 800$ bill last month. Verizon has no clue what to do about it.

·
12,110 Posts
Um... I like my phones strictly as phones. No gay to 40 music (that's what mp3 players are for), ring tones that actually , or the Internet on the go... Sometimes I like my privacy from the Internet.

Just my shifty opposing opinion.

·
TooMuch****inGREENandGREY
1,292 Posts
Z PYRO said:
have you checked out the XV6700? I know that, if I had any kind of pda/smartphone, I'd go for that one.
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/Verizon-XV6700.htm
it has everything the treo has, and then some. and since the keyboard slides out, it's much bigger and therefore the keys are bigger. it's great to type on.
I'm actually looking to get the Cingular version of that phone in a couple months.

·
6,721 Posts
Alpha said:
Um... I like my phones strictly as phones. No gay to 40 music (that's what mp3 players are for), ring tones that actually , or the Internet on the go... Sometimes I like my privacy from the Internet.

Just my shifty opposing opinion.
so what? this thread isn't about your preferences, it's about his. if you don't like it, make your own thread about it

·
6,721 Posts
Ryan_P said:
I'm actually looking to get the Cingular version of that phone in a couple months.
you won't regret it. it's an awesome phone

·
Registered
837 Posts
oh didnt relize he was on verison. Its unlocked anyways...still wont work with verison. Id go with the chocholate, cause if your in high school, and you pull out a PDA, you will prbally get laughed at.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts