Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm able to make $$ for paintball, by making and selling chiainmail, its an awsome hobby to do when you cant play paintball. Off making a hirt, which is appromently a months work, I can make up to $500. For simple bracelts, I can get $5 to $10 a bracelet.

Next month I'll start selling starter kits, it comes with everything you need to get mailling. It has pliers, a booklet on to make chainmail, and different patterns (weaves) that you can make, and 1000 5/16" pre-cut machine-cut rings, so the cuts are pretty much perfect. The kits will go for around $25 + shipping.

Do you think it is a good idea to help get my 2nd favorite hobby to people, at such a low price?

D

·
0 Posts
sure why not, if you can make more money doing something you like then hell go for it, but may be insted of sending starter kits, make custom stuff, like take orders, frig if you pm lowtryx i bet he'd buy one of ya.

D

·
0 Posts
airsoft guy said:
You should kill yourself, I mean it, I hate chainmail of anykind and those that send it must be very sad individuals.
no no no no, hes talking about chainmail as in the medevil armor. not e-mail.

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
lol, didnt you even read his post airsoft?

When I read the title and the 1st sentence thats what I thought you were talking about. I thought you were spamming because you were like yeah its great I can make a ton of money! But then as I read on I understood.

That sounds like a cool and unique hobby!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh boy that was funny Airsoft Guy. I was reading your post and thinking, "Why does he hate chainmail so much? Don't be so hard on the guy." But then I realized what you thought he meant. hahahahah! Dude pass me the pliers and metal rings, I'm gonna send out some chain letters.

·
Registered
324 Posts
It'd be cool to have an e-mail shirt though. too bad I guess

and good luck wit you business dude, thumup:

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
spyderkid.. i think that is one pretty cool hobby... and i think thats a good idea.. but i think u would have to spend a lot of time to make good chainmails that would be worth money... but i think its cool.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes I had a good laugh at airsoft guy (then again, who doesn't:rolleyes:) Ive came up witha new meaning to the term you've got maille, the other day I went to futureshop, and stole a whole bunch of those free AOL disks (who takes those anyway) and using small links, I hooked the disks together into a shirt, that should get me a few laughs and a couple of bucks. Good ol Aol, what would we do without it

·
Registered
188 Posts
Chain mail is an awsome idea. Its cool as hell and you get like $300 just for one that only covers your head. You need special tools to make the suits of chainmail????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nope, you dont need any special tools, just some inks and some pliers, I'm a complete do it myself guy, so I have to wind the wire, and cut it myself. I use specia tools, like a ring cutter I made using a drill press, and a wire-coiler using some wood and a cordless drill with a steel rod attached to it

·
Registered
450 Posts
well It's nice to see that someone else on this forum makes chainmail other than me, feels so good to see my hobby spreading like wildfire!

·
Registered
360 Posts
I made chainmail once. I used fireplace wire stuff:D It's hard to move in but it still fits. Post a pic of your chainmail.

D

·
0 Posts
heh, i tried to make a bracelet outta it tonite and it blew hardcore. so im just gonna buy one now

·
Administrator
1,131 Posts
Aridmoose said:
Oh boy that was funny Airsoft Guy. I was reading your post and thinking, "Why does he hate chainmail so much? Don't be so hard on the guy." But then I realized what you thought he meant. hahahahah! Dude pass me the pliers and metal rings, I'm gonna send out some chain letters.

LOL! Thats great. I was totally thinking the same thing. Chain Mail (like SPAm), but we are talking about like real armor here. Thats awesome. I can't buy it... but dang I would love to see it.

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
Hmm...
I'm in need of some 5/16 Galvy rings....About 12 pounds of them, and I'd rather not order from my usual provider (He's a newfy.)
Anyway, if you're still here spyderkid, give me a shot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts