Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if any of you saw the news but recently there was quite the scare at my college campus. Heres the story:

A local man, William Morva, who graduated in 2000 I belive from the local HS attempted to rob a local store. He was injured in the proccess and so was the shopkeeper. Morva then escaped from the hospital he was at and killed a security guard, and aquired a gun. He ran to hide on the Virginia Tech Campus. In the morning, he killed a police officer on a road about 5 minutes from my dorm. At this point, I was just getting out of chem, and walking back to my dorm. When I get there, I find out that the Student Center, which is less than 5 minutes from my Chem class, has been evacuated and locked down. All local TV stations at this point are broadcasting the "armed and dangerous" warning. My floor is up in arms, and everyone is nervous/excited.

Classes get canceled, SWAT teams are spotted, and there are snipers on the roof of multiple building across the campus. Everyone is starting to realize how serious this really is and the dorms are all locked down. Around 4-5 I guess, the word comes in that he is caught.

In the meantime, my RA snuck a group of us out for food, which thankfully was still open.

This was monday, btw. So hows that for a first day of class?

·
TooMuch****inGREENandGREY
1,292 Posts
kid at a local high school put a gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger monday in the school parking lot. Didnt die instantly but soon after in the hospital.

All over a stupid ho....

·
45's to the sky
4,355 Posts
Ryan_P said:
kid at a local high school put a gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger monday in the school parking lot. Didnt die instantly but soon after in the hospital.

All over a stupid ho....
Thats weird I never heard about since I'm from Indiana. Not doubting you, just saying its weird it wasn't all over the news.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
That sucks about the lock down. I do find it funny that RAs can be cool and a royal pain in the rear at the same time for some reason.

So far my high light of my first week back was some one hitting a skunk in the campus parking lot.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
DaBluedevil said:
A girl i used to work with called her best friend who I work with and am friends with while it was goin on(She goes there). It was crazy. I was scarin the **** outta her sayin I see him on the news goin towards the dorms. I think she **** her pants.
Haha, was she wearing a skirt and thong?

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1717405

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Skate and Paint said:
holy ****.

wow, two incredible ways to start the week.

sad to hear about the guards....where was he hiding?
It turns out the guy was hiding in some VERY think brush and the cops actually passed him once before they actually found him.

EDIT: the bushes were on the street where he killed the police officer, very close to my dorm. Easily around a 10 minute walk.

But yeah, to the guy who said his friend was bored in the dorm, GET OUT OF THE DORM!! Every quad has like volleyball, basketball, tennis courts, roller hockey, theres a pool hall, DDR, pingpong, bowling! PARTIES!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well if thats the case, then thats a little more respectable. I got in some much needed sleep and just chilled with the guys on my floor and the RA.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts