Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Administrator
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions for a better chat program then we were using. I have decided it was not the most functional and that we should try and find a better program. I can run just about anything that uses php or mysql.

Please post any chat program suggestions you have here. What chat rooms on other websites do you like that we could apply to PaintballForum

Mark

·
PbF Administrator
3,361 Posts
i dont think the one we had was very good either it said there was like 10 members in there and there wasnt any one in there =0

·
Registered
949 Posts
oh yah, I haven't used it in so long i forgot about that. Sometimes it says there are people in there but they're not. Thats just because if you don't log out it says you still there.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
i think its good, me and alot of other ppl just hold daily aim chats so it isnt put to much use anyway imo

·
Banned
901 Posts
Mark: it's all about the jPilot java applet (http://jpilot.com). It's not very expensive and is the best available, really. There's another good chat program available also if you don't want to spend the $50 or so on the jP, so let me know if you want more info.

But yeah, like NYY said, I or someone else always holds an AIM chat nearly every day, so I don't think it's really worth it..

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
i think if you could get like a multiplayer game on here like chess, checkers or something like that, so that members can play against other members, that would be really cool. We would be able to have like tournaments and stuff.

·
Registered
376 Posts
if there was something to get more people there it would be much better, like NYY said we could get a game or something to talk about. i cant really think of anything right now but games would be pretty cool, i would go in there alot more often

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you want I can set up an mIRC channel, and have some games and downloads with latest news etc running there. Ops would be given accordingly, etc.

Pm me if interested

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Re: ..

mbogk said:
for AIM i belive u can get a chat room and post the link on the site for ppl who have aim
Thats an excellent idea. Know those AIM links in the bottom of other forums profiles? We should (if possible) Make a link, that opens an AIM chat and automatically invites you in, like when you click someones AIM button. It opens there message. That would rock, cause we could get a ton of people in AIM chats, and you could check and see whos in it

·
Registered
77 Posts
i dont get how to use AOL.....lol so easy to use no wonder its number one my @$$. so what would this rooms name be?

·
Custom User Title
839 Posts
most people who have windows have msn messenger with it automatically. and if you have a hotmail account for your e-mail you automatically have a passport for msn. i use msn and talk to all my friends and i guess if you want to talk to any1 on the forum you can share there address and a chat on there. if any1 wants to talk to me my adress is [email protected]

A

·
0 Posts
No one uses the chat anyway, so it's not really worth it. As previously stated, there are daily AIM chats held. I think m98's idea is best and that the chat thing would show you the chatroom #. Or, you just make a chat then put the number up and everyone invites themself into that one.

Just invite yourself to "The Official PBF chatroom" without the quotes, and that can be our chatroom. Administrating wouldn't work, but it would be dealt with accordingly on the forum, as it is a forum tool.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts