Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a cheap highspeed internet? I have GAY O L and its $24.95 a month. What's a cheap highspeed internet that is about the same pricerange is that. I saw a highspeed internet that was $19.99 a month, but then I saw you had to pay $79.00 covercharge. I was like **** that.

Help?

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
I have Verizon DSL, like 29.95 a month. It's not cable, but it sure as **** isnt dialup

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I like my dsl. About it's speed compared to cable, it's always constant. Where as the more people in your area that have cable, the slower it gets.

But look into the local dsl people. Its about 29 a month, but you usually have to pay like $50 first, to pay for the router or modem or whatever. Atleast I did.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
ja289 said:
i think NetZero is like REALLY cheap cable. i saw a commercial for it once, 19.99 but it may only be here in NY
Are you sure that's cable? It might be just that 'accelerated' dialup.

·
look LOOK ! ha you looked
705 Posts
i gots cable.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
I was just looking and SBC 1.5MBps DSL is only $12.99 per month. I think I read it right, at least. That's damn good, and barely more than what you'll find the cheapest dial-up for.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Netzero is just Dial-up. AKA Crap. I have verizon... They are decent speed wise, not the fastest, but its only 30 a month, so it isnt bad. But if you are going to need lots of help from their tech support..... I suggest going elsewhere as my experiance with Verizon tech support has been less than good. My favorite example: I needed my password reset, as I had forgotten it and got a new comptuer, so i needed to put it in. So i call em up, tell the guy I need my password reset. he told me to go to the site and log in and change it.. i told him i couldnt get online becuase i couldnt remember my password.. he told me the same thing again.... it went on for 10 minutes till I hung up and called another person.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I have verizon Fios for 40 bucks a month

i have 1.8 megs up and 5.2 down

you dont need more that 5 megs down from a company because most server arent ganna give it to you faster than that and these days all that matters is your upload

but basicly im way faster than T1 for only 40 bucks a month

and like when i go to stream a video online from like break.com or any of the other websites usually the video loads before the rest of the page does so i never have to wait to buffer

if Fios is available in your area get it cause it really is a great deal

·
Registered
830 Posts
i have wireless at home, we don't have to pay for it. it's niiiiice.

·
Registered
967 Posts
verizon installs for free

and vonage is VOIP which runs over your curent internet connection instead of a phone line

soon there will be companys offering TV over fiber optics too

1 - 20 of 27 Posts