Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my mom said if i wanted to, she'll open a checking account up for me. i'm probably going to the Teacher Federal Credit Union (my mom's credit account) citibank, or washington mutual.

damn i cant wait to get my debit card and flash it around! i'm also gonna tell my boss to wire my paycheck to my checking account so i dont have to cash my check every friday.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Debit cards suck.
Credit card is the only way to go.

However, about 90% of the people on this forum are too young and too irresponsible to be trusted with a credit card.

But yeah, I'd see if you can get a credit card instead - if you have self-control, that is.

-Jinjiro

·
12,110 Posts
I've had a checking account since I was 11, and a savings since I was like 7 or 8. Of course they are coshared by my mum, but she really is oly there to sign things. I balance my book and keep records and stuff.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
ja289 said:
i can't even legally get a credit card. plus it wouldnt be worth it anyway, im still in high school.

the reason im even getting a debit card is because i dont want to keep like 500$ in my desk drawer
Why can't you legally get a credit card?

I've had one since I was 15-16ish.

-Jin

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
ja289 said:
my mom said i have to be 18 to get one. are you sure it's credit?

i personally dont see the point of a credit card unless i was in college. my older brother has one only because he spends it on food, school, and other necessitites at college.
100% positive it's credit. I got it originally for when I was going to London/Dublin, and it came in handy. Didn't have to carry as much cash, and just convenient.

I wound up keeping it just to have, incase of emergency or something like that. I've used it for gas a few times when I was short on cash, and for a few things at the mall. Mainly I use it online (PayPal, eBay, New Egg, etc). But I only buy stuff if I have the money to pay for it in cash when I get home.

-Jin

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
hahaha.

sorry. my bad :eek:

This might not be a bad idea...

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jinjiro said:
100% positive it's credit. I got it originally for when I was going to London/Dublin, and it came in handy. Didn't have to carry as much cash, and just convenient.

I wound up keeping it just to have, incase of emergency or something like that. I've used it for gas a few times when I was short on cash, and for a few things at the mall. Mainly I use it online (PayPal, eBay, New Egg, etc). But I only buy stuff if I have the money to pay for it in cash when I get home.

-Jin
oh well didn't you say it was wired from your mom's account?

if im right, then yeah i could get one too, just it has to be from my mom's account.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts