Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, about the Camaro:

A few reputable sources are pointing towards GM making an official announcement this week regarding the production of the next Chevrolet Camaro. While not a shocking statement by any means, this (expected) official announcement will put the Camaro on schedule within the next couple of years, in hopes of competing with the Dodge Challenger and the soon-to-be-redesigned Ford Mustang. On Thursday of this week, General Motors Chairman Rick Wagoner is supposed to make the announcement for the next generation production to be official as opposed to the last several rounds of rumors and speculation. We'll keep you updated on this development, so check back on Thursday to see what the shakedown is with the all-new Chevrolet Camaro.

TL/DR: The official announcement about the camaro going into production is supposed to take place this week.

Now about Chevy trucks:

Press Release: 2007 Chevrolet Silverado
Posted August 7, 2006 07:41 AM by Steven Rothfuss.

Following up from our last story, GM has now released all of the specific details about their brand new pickup truck line. What you need to know: The light duty trucks will be in dealer showrooms starting this fall. Heavy Duty models will follow starting early next year. The new truck is completely revised over the previous generation with tighter gaps, class leading payloads and enough choices to make your head spin. With the aging Dodge Ram and recent Ford F-150 as the only real competition, GM should not have any problems selling this truck. Follow the jump for more details about the new pickup truck line.

Some changes are major and others you might not notice. Let us begin with the ones that stand out the most. The box to cab gap has been reduced by 50%, the rear doors on extended cab models swing out 170 degrees to make entry easier. The GMC Sierra and Chevy Silverado get unique front ends, hoods and interiors to help with brand separation.

Overview of Changes:
• Three available cab styles: regular, extended and crew cab
• Three box lengths ranging from 5’ 8”, 6’ 6” and 8.’
• Eight different and efficient powertrain combinations
• Five distinct suspension packages
• Three Silverado [Chevrolet] trim levels
• Four Sierra [GMC] trim levels, including the Sierra Denali model
• Light-duty payload capacities from 1,564 pounds to 2,160 pounds (980 kg)
• Light-duty trailer capability from 4,300 pounds to segment-leading 10,500 pounds

Distinctive exterior designs:
• Brand-differentiated designs
• Improved tolerances and reduced body gaps
• Sleeker, more aerodynamic 57-degree windshield angle
• Refined stance
• 170-degree-opening rear access doors on extended cab models
• Larger 17, 18 and 20-inch wheels

Unique features and options:
• Power sliding rear window (extended and crew cabs)
• Theater-style folding rear seats for ease of loading cargo
• Automatic locking rear axle
• Innovative cargo management system with comprehensive array of accessories
• Remote vehicle starting system
• Enhanced DVD entertainment system with larger screen
• Touch-screen navigation system
• Heated windshield washer fluid
• Rain-sensing automatic windshield wipers

TL/DR: Chevy trucks have lots of new neat features.....though they are ugly as balls.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the Chevy update thread, the Ford update thread isn't ready yet. ;)

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Power sliding rear window
Thats almost enough of a reason for me to get one lol.

But anyway, I may have some pics of my brothers "improved" cavalier... lets just say he went 15 ft over into a creek. While doing so, he flipped once, and rolled 3 times. It actually held up better than you would think, even though its considered totalled.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I dont think it looks all that bad. Its not the best looking truck, but I wouldn't mind driving it. Although, I would want an older one. I prefer older, more rugged and basic trucks and suv's.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
What are the new GMC's going to look like? They've had the better looking truck (IMO) for the past 7 years or so.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
i like the truck, looks clean.. and bold. bold is what is selling cars these days, the same old same old doesnt sell anymore.

and what engines is the camaro supposed to have? im guessing a v6 (woah if they out in a 4.3, and had turbo kits availible, it would be like the re-birth of the grand national) LS2, and im HOPING an ls7 will be an option, since it wont be the standard corvette z06 motor by the time the camaro is produced.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All the magazines are saying the 240hp 3.9L V6 is what's going in the base maro. Same engine as the Pontiac G6 GTP version.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Yeah...the GMC is SLIGHTLY better, but, meh.

Hopefully my dad hooks me up with a good deal on his truck in a year or two.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts