Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres a pic i found on a vette forum, its a build sheet for a harmonic balancer for a "DOHC 6.0" "LS9"

i guess the same guy that stole that from a chevy plant took this picture, looking at it, its definetly not DOHC, but i guess its just a supercharger on a ls7 for now

wow, DOHC 6.0 supercharged vette with traction control. Its going to be advertused with 650hp, which will be a lie so at least one insurance company will insure it, supposed to be more like 700-750. Im really curious if there is a car under $100,000 in the world that can beat it, im guessing this vette will run in the 9's, and 0-60 in 2.9

btw, its supposed to be out in 2008

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o man that would be awesome if chevy offered it as a crate motor, im sure they will

·
1,751 Posts
:eek:

I wonder who is going to step up and try to put out some competetion for the vette once this is out. Nothing is really in the same bracket of price and power.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont think there will be an american car that can touch it, it will rape the gt40 and the viper. how about those new imports ive been hearing about on here? wasnt there supposed to be an insane supra or some **** coming out?

·
1,751 Posts
Those are only supposed to have power in the area of 400 or so. Then theres the Lexus LF-A, but that thing is set around 120k I beleive.

Maybe Dodge will pack some more punch into the viper, that would be pretty badass.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, with the 3 american car brands, chevy ford and dodge. You have the vette, which will be supercharged, and i tink unstoppable. If dodge does the same with the viper (im sure they will) it will be an even race. The gt40 is already supercharged...... so i guess theyre out

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
dayum, I was just thinking about this **** earlier today when a vette was behind me--Nothing can touch it for how much you pay, at least stock. That's gonna be insane, and Dodge will have to step up with the viper if they want to compete, but the viper will probably cost more than the vette will.

·
1,751 Posts
I wouldn't see a problem in the viper's price being jacked up some as long as they return it being on top of the vette.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Vipers are gay.

LS9 only a 6.0? Kinda odd since the LS7 is 7.0 but damn that thing is going to be badass. Nice try, GT40. :D

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1337 said:
Vipers are gay.

LS9 only a 6.0? Kinda odd since the LS7 is 7.0 but damn that thing is going to be badass. Nice try, GT40. :D
i read about it, they went really thick cylinder walls (which of course made the displacement lower) so the block can handle an extreme amount of boost, thats nuts,

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
i read somewhere that they may be skipping the 07 model year viper for the development of the '08 it was supposed to have 700 or so horsies, VVT, and n/a... off an 8.4 mclaren tuned v10

just a rumor i read somewhere tho so dont quote me on that

EDIT: i also saw a rumor for a hemi powered chrysler firepower, basically a chrysler viper with a hemi, it's said to have a 4.5 second 0-60... it'll be cheaper for chrysler to make, so the cost on a chrysler will probably be a bit lower than a dodge.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
I knew it wasn't a rumor a while ago. They built a few of the cars and they're out tooling around as Z06's with manufacturer plates. Chevy's calling them "The Stingray". They said the problem with them though is they aren’t currently able to make them streetable to the average unskilled driver. They are afraid people will crash them in the rain or something and sue. Last I heard they were either going to make a more invasive safety traction control system that is always on or they will make the buyers attend some kind of safety course.

By the way, the new base Viper engine makes 600-650hp naturally aspirated and much more torque, it's currently being worked on by McLaren. It will also be around $10,000 cheaper then the Stingray vette.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea i knew viper would catch up and be quicker then the vette, its a v10, like 500cid, and the new vette will just be like 375cid or something. viper has way more potential

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
PAT McCORMICK said:
i read about it, they went really thick cylinder walls (which of course made the displacement lower) so the block can handle an extreme amount of boost, thats nuts,
I honestly thought LS9 would be 9 litres. But yeah thats pretty insane. How much boost are they putting through this motor?

Oh and the whole viper thing.. who cares? They are still FUGLY AS HELL. Atleast the Vette is sexy as hell and the GT40 looks pretty badass as well.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
1337 said:
Oh and the whole viper thing.. who cares? They are still FUGLY AS HELL. Atleast the Vette is sexy as hell and the GT40 looks pretty badass as well.
IDK, I think the Viper is the better looking car (though in person they do look strikingly similar):

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
HuNtS said:
the viper before the new body style looked better than anything made in america...
Like my uncles?

The Ford GT is absolutely beautiful in person. Definately better looking than the Viper.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts