Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so i should be puling in about 10,000$ this summer doing a lot of work for my uncle (he owns his own asphalting business) and then this fall i'll be getting a new job and starting at 9.00$ an hour... so i'll have a little bit of cash.. i can either

A: save all the cash and keep my jeep for now
B: keep/trade the jeep, save half the money and buy a turbo'd '96 talon (red/black) for $4995
C: Keep/trade the jeep and buy a 1996 talon that's stock (grey/black) for $3995
D: trade the jeep and get a 3000GT GT or vr4 if i can find one
E: keep the money and buy a turkey sammich

comments? suggestions? any ideas would be great!

EDIT: i'll try to get pics, but i'm not sure if i'll be able to or not..

·
Registered
778 Posts
Sell the Jeep take the $10k and find an LS1 camaro or TA and use the $9 an hr for the rest of the monthly payments.

Or buy a 12V Dodge Cummins and mod the **** out of it. thumup:

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol. i'm not a truck kind of person.. i was trying to look for an older 85-88 camaro/trans am/firebird with t-tops though... not too sure how that'd turn out...

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah.. the place i was lookin at had te 300zx i was tlaking about in the other thread, but it leaks oil and runs like ****... so i kinda opted to throw that one out..

·
Rubbish!
797 Posts
Keep your jeep until it breaks and you are forced to get something else, then get another cheap, reliable car and drive it until you graduate college. Save every single dime you can so that your life doesn't suck for all 4+ years of college.

If mommy and daddy have got you covered, let them pay for school/housing/food, but still get a job and save that money as well. As soon as you graduate, not only will you have a good education and little to no debt, you'll also have ~$15k to put down on a house. You may think it sucks now while all your friends have "nice" cars and you have an old jeep, but in 5 years when their car isn't so nice anymore, you'll have a house of your own that's only going to go up in value.

If you absolutely MUST get a new car right now (and by must, I mean because the one you have isn't working), sell the jeep for what you can and get some cheap and reliable that will last you a while. Definitely a huge negative on the 3000GT. Any VR4 you could afford would be a maintenance nightmare.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
VR4's are heavy, nearly 2 tons, but 320hp + AWD would be a fun car to drive, especially if you can afford to mod it a little.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tmaxx_2.5 said:
pics of jeep? And why it must be sold? I would lift it, put some tires/wheels, paint, interior, etc., etc.
it's a 1993 cherokee, it has a 4 banger which has no power for any kind of decent off roading (trust me, i've researched it already) and it has 245,100 miles on it....

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
MuddinPede_98C said:
VR4's are heavy, nearly 2 tons, but 320hp + AWD would be a fun car to drive, especially if you can afford to mod it a little.
You could mod a Subaru to that much for probably the same you'd spend in repairs on it. :rofl

-Jin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts