Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if any of you know about portable dvd players? i am thinking of gettting my kids one (or two, if they're cheap enough) for christmas, and i know nada about which ones are good, use less batteries, yada yada yada......any suggestions???

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
how old are your kids? maybe u should just get one of those car tv's w/ a dvd player if u dont want to spend too much, otehrwise a laptop with good battery power i suppose. sager notebooks have good cheap laptops

·
Registered
561 Posts
my cousin got one for his car for 190 I believe but I'm sure you can find one for cheaper...he bought it form walmart and didn't shop around. it has like a 7' screen but it is pretty clear unless the sun is shineing in it but all lcd screens are affected like that.

·
Registered
561 Posts
7 inches ya numb nuts

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good god, i didnt know portables were that expensive.... i might have to re consider. anyways, one of them is 6 and one is 11 (yes,im trying to spoil them, the 6year old is gtiing a pirahna vtl for his b day next month). getting a dvd installed in the vehicle(s) sounds like a better idea...well, cheaper anyways.

maybe yall can help me out , if i dont get them a dvd player, what else (what would you want) could i get them? any suggestions??(non paintball). they already have videogames, tv, dvd, bikes, computers and all that stuff. im just trying to get a jump, cuz i want them to have something nice and not be looking at the last minute.

·
Crack
1,233 Posts
Just a thought but....the legal age for paintball is 10......

Why would you get a 6 year old a gun when he or she wont be able to play at any fields. He or She will only be able to practise targets.... :?

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
well, every time i get mine out to play with it he wants to shoot it. so, i dont want him messing with mine, and my talon is too hard for him to operate, so i bought a eforce vtl, swapped out the triggers (really thats the real reason why i bought it), so now i have an extra gun, why not let it be "his". he loves to shoot targets in the backyard.

edit* my field will let you play at 8

1 - 10 of 10 Posts