Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so christmas is coming. My sister has been wanting some exaust put on her car. So i got the idea of givin her the money for christmas. I talked to a friend he said it cost him 270 to put straights on his truck so i figure hey i'll save 300-350 and tell her to put straights on her gto or to put in some money if she wants something else.

What do yall think?

How much does it usually run to put exaust on a car/truck

The only reason ima do this is cause i know how much she loves her car

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
How about. Buy the straights. Give her a day at the spa or some ****. Install said straights yourself, or with help from your peers/father.

Unless said sister isn't worth that much work.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
I had my straights put on my truck for $160...not including exhaust tips. My tips that I bought were 50 bucks a piece, Gibson stainless steel (get stainless steel...not chrome...the stainless steel is more expensive, but also lasts A LOT longer).

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
I could make straights on my truck for about $15 worth of pvc.

2.2L s-10 4banger ftw.

But I agree with getting her a day at the spa, and when she comes back dont tell her there on her car and shell be like OMG NOW IM TEH UB3R LEET RICE KILL3R.

And then you can do this---> :ninja:

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok guys i really did come here for seriouse answer go back to st or something

but thanks i might do the spa deal dunno lol

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was look at some and that mess gets expensive. so i may just save up buy her a cold air intake and give her some more cash and tell her to throw some on and gets what she wants lol

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
Gangsta_Redneck said:
i was look at some and that mess gets expensive. so i may just save up buy her a cold air intake and give her some more cash and tell her to throw some on and gets what she wants lol
The intake I want for my truck costs more than my straights. Any exhaust repair shop should be able to custom fabricate straight pipes for you as long as they have a pipe bending machine. It took a guy an hour and a half to make a y-pipe then bend and cut 2 twenty foot pieces of 2.5inch tubing to fit my truck. All he did was cut off the stock exhaust pipe about a foot or so back from the catalytic converter, then welded the y-pipe he made onto the remaining exhaust left. After that he just bent the steel pipe to fit my truck and welded that onto the y-pipe. It was 90 bucks for materials (all the pipe and brackets used) and 70 for labor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts