Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Paintball = Life
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing more and more lately that Christmas and anything that represents the birth of Christ has come under attack. These attacks are being led by the likes of the secularists and the ACLU. I realize that a lot of people do not celebrate Christmas, and that is their right. But it is also my right to celebrate christmas along with the majority of America (something like 98% of Americans celebrate Christmas).
Granted we do get time off for Christmas and not for Hanuka, Kwansa, (I apologize if I misspelled any of these) or any other religions celebrations. And I have no problem with anyone that chooses to celebrate those holidays and events. But at the same time I want to be left a lone to celebrate Christmas.
These secularists and the ACLU really piss me off. The reason being is that when they do stuff like this they create unbalanced situations. Circumstances where it is ok for a government building to display a Star of David but it's not ok for the Cross of Christ to be displayed on the same building. It seems to be ok for us to display Santa Clause but not Baby Jesus.
This country is seriously loosing sense of itself and at the rate we are going it wont be long before the true meanings of Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving arent known to our children because they will be outlawed.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
i think its perfectly fine that people get giddy over christmas. I even like this time of the year because everyone usually stops being an ahole and we get to be with the family more.

·
12,110 Posts
God ****ign damnit, WHO GIVES A **** WHAT RELIGON YOU ARE?! Who ****ign cares what the man next you you calls his god? AS long as you aren't harming anyone else, you should be able to celebrate your own religon. WE have af reedom of religon in this country. Millions of people have died for that right.

What do I have to say about it? Praise Allah, mazel tav, and god bless you.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
I can really care less. No one really celebrates the birth of christ=chrsitmas. Its ust about usless crap your not gunna use in a year. But oh well. It is fun I guess.

Ohh and also tiny tim really dosnt care about anyone. He just wanted to eat and get presents so he had to steal it from the old guy that said bah humbug. Just realized that.

·
12,110 Posts
KingFikiElectra said:
I can really care less. No one really celebrates the birth of christ=chrsitmas. Its ust about usless crap your not gunna use in a year. But oh well. It is fun I guess.

Ohh and also tiny tim really dosnt care about anyone. He just wanted to eat and get presents so he had to steal it from the old guy that said bah humbug. Just realized that.
I feel bad for scrooge. All he wanted to do was do his own thing and he has the right to do it. Those god damn ghosts had to keep bothering him , adn they broke him. He had a great personality, but they cracked him.. I cried when I saw that movie on TV.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
I personally would love to see the ACLU go to hell. They suck and they stomp on people's toes in trying to impose the liberal mindset of "accept everyone, everything and anything" over all of America. ARGH.

What really pisses me off about America is that everyone is so concerned about being politically correct and worrying so much about what people think. If someone is offended that I say "Merry Christmas" to them, that's bullcrap- they have the same right to tell me "Happy Hannukah" or whatever religious holiday they celebrate to me and I wouldn't be offended at all.

I really hate it when everyone says "Happy Holidays!" instead of "Merry Christmas" especially if they are Christian. That and when they don't allow Christmas decorations and stuff because they have to be "sensitive to other faiths". I could personally give a rat's behind about whether someone puts a Star of David or a nativity scene on their front lawn...it's not infringing on my own religious practices, because after all one of the tenents of his country is worshipping AS YOU PLEASE.

Being politically correct is being stupid. Stop worrying about what people think because when it comes to religion, it's between you and whatever deity you believe in, not your stupid fool of a neighbor who doesn't want to see Christmas lights on your house. That's all that matters.

·
12,110 Posts
DuoDSG said:
I personally would love to see the ACLU go to hell. They suck and they stomp on people's toes in trying to impose the liberal mindset of "accept everyone, everything and anything" over all of America. ARGH.

What really pisses me off about America is that everyone is so concerned about being politically correct and worrying so much about what people think. If someone is offended that I say "Merry Christmas" to them, that's bullcrap- they have the same right to tell me "Happy Hannukah" or whatever religious holiday they celebrate to me and I wouldn't be offended at all.

I really hate it when everyone says "Happy Holidays!" instead of "Merry Christmas" especially if they are Christian. That and when they don't allow Christmas decorations and stuff because they have to be "sensitive to other faiths". I could personally give a rat's behind about whether someone puts a Star of David or a nativity scene on their front lawn...it's not infringing on my own religious practices, because after all one of the tenents of his country is worshipping AS YOU PLEASE.

Being politically correct is being stupid. Stop worrying about what people think because when it comes to religion, it's between you and whatever deity you believe in, not your stupid fool of a neighbor who doesn't want to see Christmas lights on your house. That's all that matters.
The DSG in your name surely stands for Da stinkin God. Amen to that!

D

·
0 Posts
KingFikiElectra said:
smartest thing ive ever seen you post.

I think this'll stay under control, but just incase, keep it that way or itll have to be closed

·
Paintball = Life
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DuoDSG said:

I agree. We are garanteed Freedom of Religion NOT Freedom From Religion.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
D_Smalls said:
I think this'll stay under control, but just incase, keep it that way or itll have to be closed
I'll watch it and make sure it doesn't start flaming other religions...so far so good, we're just getting mad at Political Correctness and that people don't respect religion.

As long as it doesn't get into "____ faith is right/better than ____ because...", I think we'll be in the clear.

But I'll keep my eye on it.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
DuoDSG said:

Isn't that against your mormon religeon?

Just curious...

·
Registered
770 Posts
Technically it's not Christ's birthday though. We're all just celebrating a compromise of Christianity to move Christ's B-day to Mithras' b-day. Let's all thank Constantine. Anyways, I think it's lame that people restrict Christmas stuff but pump others. I see it the same way I see women's rights... screw bringing everything down to one level, the idea should be to rise the others up to the level of others (too many pronouns). I hate political correctness... it makes everybody too sensitive.

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
Just so you all know Kwanzaa isnt a religous holiday.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
1337PAINTBALLER said:
Isn't that against your mormon religeon?

Just curious...

Not as far as I know. We consider homosexuality wrong (we see it as God does: He loves all His children, but He doesn't have to love or accept what they do).

Yes, we respect other faiths, that's one of the biggest points our leaders emphasize, and I'm all about that. But we're not so worried about being politically correct that we don't say Merry Christmas or don't take a stand on same-sex marriages and other such issues. We hold onto what we believe, no matter what others outside the church may believe. Because, after all, a real church wouldn't appease to other faiths or ways of thinking to gain members or make themselves look good to others. God's opinion doesn't change, there is a line between right and wrong, so why should we change?

[/rant]

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
DuoDSG said:
Not as far as I know. We consider homosexuality wrong (we see it as God does: He loves all His children, but He doesn't have to love or accept what they do).

Yes, we respect other faiths, that's one of the biggest points our leaders emphasize, and I'm all about that. But we're not so worried about being politically correct that we don't say Merry Christmas or don't take a stand on same-sex marriages and other such issues. We hold onto what we believe, no matter what others outside the church may believe. Because, after all, a real church wouldn't appease to other faiths or ways of thinking to gain members or make themselves look good to others. God's opinion doesn't change, there is a line between right and wrong, so why should we change?

[/rant]
Here,here!!!(old colonial accent)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts