Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I searched and didnt find any thing on how to clean a gun and oil it

I have never really had to do this much before and kinda have a idea just want to make sure I am not messing up to bad

so

1 How do you guys clean your guns
2 how often and where do you put the oil

I dont know if it matter but I have a tippmann 98c

scott

·
Registered
26 Posts
I dont know the specs or how your gun operates because ive never worked/ owned one, but you should oil/clean your gun after every use to keep it in operational order. (My suggestion)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I disassemble my 98c and clean everything with q-tips and rubbing alcohol. Mostly to get the paint off. Then I put it back together, and put a few drops of oil in the openings. I put it on the back and front of the bolt where you cock the marker.

·
Registered
59 Posts
if you are new to taking it apart, when you do only take ot like a piece at a time, very carefully so you remember how it was seated. clean it off, oil it up, and move on to the next part. i use a lube/metal protectant on every part in the gu so it doesnt tarnish. unfortunately after i got my gun, i used it once, then i went on vacation, an nice long 3 week vacation and when i came back the inner rear bolt had tarnished. i try to not let that happen anymore.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Put lube oil oon hte o-rings that are on your bolt and then spread that a little and put lube in that little whole in the asa screw on your air tank and shot the gun a couple of time to get the oil spread and that is it for a tippmann and you might also want to check the internals for rusted parts if you use co2 and broken or dmaaged o-rings

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
pug said:
I disassemble my 98c and clean everything with q-tips and rubbing alcohol. Mostly to get the paint off. Then I put it back together, and put a few drops of oil in the openings. I put it on the back and front of the bolt where you cock the marker.
Don;t use rubbing alcohol because it will cause the o-rings to fall apart (the alcohol causes some orings to break down on a chemical level and pits them) and dry out.

If you need some thing that will get the stuborn dried out paint off use a mild soap (like a drop or two of dawn), warm water, and a soft cloth.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah i was told not to take it apart after every day because it wears out the parts over time. But i still do it just cause it makes me feel better knowing its clean.

·
Registered
201 Posts
clean it by wiping it off with a damp rag or paper towel...then oil the linkage arm, the front bolt, and the rear bolt...do you have an owner's manual?

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Remove the barrel, put a few drops in the cocking slot, a few drops in the ASA, gas it up Blow thru about 40 shots remove the tank put the barrel back on then toss it in your gear bag. This should be done about once per year. I havent oiled my tippy on over a year and its still kickin' hard as ever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts