Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your guys' stances on the issue?

I think cloning is pretty damn useless and the only uses it has such as organ donations and bone marrow (sp) are unhuman. It would be like using humans for spare parts, which is completely unethical unless they agree to it.

Cloning in animals doesn't have much use either, but its more controllable so I don't see a lot of harm in doing it. But it has no practical uses just like human cloning.

Genetic engineering on the other hand is very useful. Like how they put human protein production genes in a sheep, and then they used their milk to help hemopheliacs and such. Its un intrusive and not harmful or painful for the animal, which I think is great.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
so, cloning is useless, even if we harest the organs from animals for humans to use. And u think genetic engenering is okay b/c fine since they just altar the animals to help humans? Making sure i've got it all right.

well...i'd have to agree. Cloning is a big waste of time and money, but what if genetic engenering is carried to an extreme? What if the animals are engenered so their organs are more compatible w/ humans so they can be harvested? Or what if we start adding say wings to frogs?

P4IN7 B4LLS if u get the ball rolling w/ that jurassic park thing...could u um...hook me up w/ a ticket and kick ass tour? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
849 Posts
i dont know how related the two issues are but . .. .

fetus blank cells or w/e they are called

they can help SOOO much, but SOOOO many people find it unethical
but people will have abortions anyways, right?

people dontate their bodies to science every day.
is that unethical?

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man animal organs in humans is just wrong, same with using them as a spare parts factory.

Again, I'm okay with it if it has a use and a purpose. Putting wings on frogs is just useless.

And yea, stem cell tissue is great, but it can't be researched in the USA thanks to bush.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
My opinion on cloning is this:
Anything you want to do to the clone whether spare parts, slavery, landmine detector, whatever is OK. They are a created property and have no rights, the same as a TV or toaster. They are not a natural form of life but simply the result of biological manufacturing and are only a tool with all the rights of a hammer.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
except they have a brain, and can think, and have emotions the same as anyone else... they are still a human and have to be born, you cant just grow them. they have to be produced. the genetic engineering is only creating an identical cell/dna, besides that, its still a person being born

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
But it was still created by science/industry, it doesn't matter if they can think, they were created to serve a purpose. If that were not the case why even clone, doing it naturally is cheaper and more fun anyway. They are not an individual but property. That is what they are bult for, that is their purpose, IMO.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Actually I think it is only a matter of time before someone somewheres (probably not here in the US) does clone a human. Now whether it works sucessfully, is economically viable or any of the number of other things. Science will seek to attempt it.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
ShepardD said:
they were created to serve a purpose.
Interesting thought, the same thing was thought of Africans and Women, but they just recently got the right to be human (though they don't have exactly have it the same yet).

·
Registered
849 Posts
ShepardD said:
But it was still created by science/industry, it doesn't matter if they can think, they were created to serve a purpose. If that were not the case why even clone, doing it naturally is cheaper and more fun anyway. They are not an individual but property. That is what they are bult for, that is their purpose, IMO.
doomsday said:
Interesting thought, the same thing was thought of Africans and Women, but they just recently got the right to be human (though they don't have exactly have it the same yet).
EXACTLY what i was gunna say

this is the mentality that had slavery go on

racism/sexism

do you think you are better than that of a cloned PERSON?

because one that is cloned is 'manufactored'?

that is discriminatory IMO

·
Registered
849 Posts
how?

he was saying that he finds nothing wrong with saying that he is superior than a clone

i related it to slavery, just as you related it to womens movement

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
No because ethnical/ gender/ differences are created naturally, not by our scientists. A clone is more like a freakin' car made by GM, it was not something naturally occuring but something man created to fufill a need. If clones were naturally occuring then I might agree with your side but the simple fact is they were "built" using modern technology and therefore are a product not a person. To try to use the analogy of how blacks were slaves or women were denied rights is incorrect simply because Blacks or women were not biologically built by science they were created by natural processes. And it isn't just saying that I think we are superior to them, I think they are merely a product, in fact I would say a dog's life would be more sacred since a dog is not a ptroduct but an independent natually occuring lifeform. I think if a company "builds" a clone of a human they are entitled to do with it whatever they wish since it is there product.

·
12,110 Posts
I could really care less. If it works, then fine. Although I'm one cruel bastard when it comes to ethics.

I'd rather eat one tomato thats the size of a softball, rather then eat 3 or 4 normal sized ones. I'd rather get rid of having to rinse off fruits and veggies (although you relaly should even if they are pest resistant). I'd rather splice and mix genes to create a superfruit.

AS LONG as safety precautions are taken. For example... Putting a almond gene into a cranberry (for whatever reason). People whoa re allergic to almonds might not know, and could eat a cranberry with almond genes and have a reaction (even though tests are done for allergies).

Also, when you eliminate pests, you mess up the ecosystem. IF there was some way to keep it all balanced, then sure go for it.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
i think it should be researched more. it could change the course of human anatomy drastically. you can cure diseases, gives people limbs, and who knows what else. but then again... i also have this weird mentality it could all backfire.. you know. like terrorists, or other groups get their hands on cloning stuff and start cloning armies and ****.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
N8ive_Snoborder said:
i dont know how related the two issues are but . .. .

fetus blank cells or w/e they are called

they can help SOOO much, but SOOOO many people find it unethical
but people will have abortions anyways, right?

people dontate their bodies to science every day.
is that unethical?
there have been 40 million abortions since it was legalized in america. FORTY MILLION. that could include my would be best friend, a new einstein, who knows. i say screw stem cell research and make abortion murder again because that's what it freakin is

1 - 20 of 35 Posts