Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since we got into it in the other thread *thanks chrome :p* Lets discuss it here.

I don't feel the need to wear $80 pants. My whole outfit I'm wearing today costs about 1/4 of that actually.

The point of expensive clothes? To look good right?!

I used to wear Abercrombie Clothes and was aquainted into the "Prep" crowd. But this was when my dad had a high paying job and my mom was making good money to. Now my dad is unemployed and my mom makes 10.23 an hour.

I shop at Kohls. Yes Kohls. Pimpest place ever. I don't go to Walmart or K-Mart for clothes. I'm not that low. Kohls always has good lucking stuff from 3-35 dollars. My whole closet is from Kohls but a few are from Pac Sun where I won 500 dollar shopping spree about a year ago.

Yeah I wish I could at least get some nicer clothes and nicer shoes but thats not an option at the moment. If I want something nice, I have to buy it. My occasional Dresst type clothes *for dances n ***** I bought. Put me in the whole but oh well. I'm out of that now.

Pisses me off I give alll my hand-me-downs to my realatives. But I get NOTHING back from them they are greedy. I'd rather get 2-3 bucks from a mexican at a garage sale for my old abercrombie shirts I paid 20-50 dollars a piece for. But no my mom says that's not right nor nice.

Meh. Lets discuss.

·
HRD
2,925 Posts
Target isnt bad for pants actually. Mossimo or whatever looks alright. Usually I shop at Zumiez for pants (really nice pants for like 30$ max) and maybe get some preppy shirts.... I have to buy myself though and cant afford REALLY expensive stuff... nor lots of it.

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
I don't feel right about insulting people who feel the need to wear the 'cool clothes' because that is a luxury afforded by living in a free country. I'm not mad that they can afford them, and I choose not to afford them because someone (their dad?) worked hard in order to provide something for the family. I don't envy them because in 5 years they will look back and be like 'why did I pay $80 for jeans that someone else beat the hell out of?' I feel bad for them because they think they are better than me because their pants cost more, and because their image is defined by what they wear and because they draw confidence from wearing the clothes that a small part of society has deemed cool. Most people figure it out after a while: it's not what you are, it's who you are that makes you cool/popular/well liked etc. etc. in the real world.

·
Registered
849 Posts
last year i was loaded, and i needed some "good pair of pants" (my moms idea) so i headed to the bay (or sears . . i cant distinguish between them) and was looking at two pairs of pants (Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger) and i looked at the price tag for the Tommy's $$89.99 OMFG!! i quickly put them down and went to the till with the Kleins . . pay for them, look at the receipt, look at my pant price label to confirm . . $87.99 w/o tax . . . .. now i would go back and trade for the tommys (sometimes during the year i wish i could go back and trade for less expensive pants) but i was pretty rich then

**EDIT** anger . . . yeah i paid the $90 for hte pants . . but i think i am better than NO ONE

they look the same as $20 pants from Wal Mart im an idiot, and wasted a lot of money last year . .. now i am saving (europe spring of 2006)

i give my hand me downs to my fam too . . .

i pay for all my clothes too (im good at getting jobs) ill add some formats for cover letters and resumes
. . . . . Resume . . . and . . .Cover Letter . . . . . . enjoi

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
i pay for all my clothes with my own money, or i get some as gifts and such

in highschool groups arent defined by what you wear as they are in middle school, its about who you are. and people that dont realize that and that feel the need to make fun of others becasue they like to shop at abercrombie and hollister needs to get a life.

all clothes are perfectly fine by me except for the super goth stuff.

liek this one guy whears 6 inch stelleto heels and a dress and stuff to school

thats just queer

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
chromekilla said:
and people that dont realize that and that feel the need to make fun of others becasue they like to shop at abercrombie and hollister needs to get a life.
chromekilla said:
all im saying is that people who go out and flame those who buy nice clothes are either non conformist loosers, or are jelous
Wait, what? People who make fun of people for what they wear need to get a life says Chrome, people who don't wear what you wear are jealous losers?

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
lots of kids that wear A&F or AE clothes are preppy little homos. at my school i was grouped with the "preps" while wearing surf(mostly) and skate clothes. personally i think people should wear whatever they like, but the little homos that wear wacky clothes are just crying for attention. i dont like attention whores.

·
Banned
2,324 Posts
Angered Fists said:
Wait, what? People who make fun of people for what they wear need to get a life says Chrome, people who don't wear what you wear are jealous losers?
No, he means that people who make fun of people who make fun of people need to get a life. But, he also said that people who FLAME people who were expensive clothing are gay. I wear mostly skater clothes yet am good friends with a lot of people in a lot of different groups, as long as you're cool to hang around with people won't really care about your clothes.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Just leave him alone. Let him buy his expensive clothes, it's not affecting you in any immediate way.

Personally, I would never spend that much on clothing, even if I did have the money. Besides, those clothes just aren't my "cup of tea".
~Andrew

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
nicest stuff in my closet is old navy and wrangler. wall mart is fine for clothes shopping, but only for pants and undershirts. they have good deals on jeans and wat not but thats about it. i really dont' care if i wear prep clothes or not. alll about the in crowd, people don't realize how little that means.

today i'm wearing a yellow old navy tee, haynes undershirt, an old pair of levi's or some other jean, and my new pair of steel toed tennis shoes. yes thats right, steel toed tennis shoes. kick ass.

·
PbF Administrator
3,361 Posts
Most of my clothes were bought at Kohl's. I bought 2 pairs of jeans at dicks sporting goods for 19 dollars a piece. I bought them because they were cheap. Could I afford to go shop at AE and A&F and those places. You bet but I dont see why I should waste my money like that when I can buy jeans that dont say AE on them for half the price at Kohl's. But I don't make fun of people if they like to wear that stuff. If they wear it great if they dont great. I just hate the people that wear the screwed up goth stuff.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I only have $140 a week to spend...about $70 goes into food, $20 into gas, and $20 into books. That only leaves $30 for other crap. So whenever I buy new clothes I go to walmart. I like to spend my money on more practical items, like that 1.5" tow rope I've been thinking about getting for my car.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
T shirts and jeans. My wardrobe consists of a bout 15-20 t shirts, 7 pairs of jeans or so, 4 or 5 pairs of other pants, various sweat shirts, and that's it. The only thing I own AF or AE is a fleece my mom bought at AE in eight grade for five bucks.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I get all my clothes from khols, old navy, or target! Kohls has bad ass shirts and pants. Old navy is where I get my preppy collared shirts(chciks dig tha clean cut), and target is where I get my regular tees and stuff

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
and if you wanna know about sales, american eagle has insane sales, they practicly give their clothes away for free. thers allways t-shirts in there for like $5, sweatshirts for like $10, and jeans for like $20

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
i get most of mine from kohls, because they seem to last and usually fit just fine without trying on a million pairs. but at walmart i notice the pants dont last nearly as long, since they usually arent name brand companies. ive gotten holes on the semas and by the pockets ont he cargo style pants, after a month. but with the kohls pants they seem to last at least a year without any problems. and at walmart the clothes never seem to fit very good

D

·
0 Posts
80 bucks USD for one pair of pants.. everything i had on today pants, socks, underwear, tshirt, sweater and jacket wouldnt even add up to that much

i shop at Value Village, it's a thrift store.. basically i pay $5 CAD for a pair of pants..

i just dont find the need to spend that much money on something when 99% of what im paying for is a name.. makes no sense to me.. also i shop at thrift stores to cut back on consumption, its not much.. but every little bit helps..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts