Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, today I rode my first quad...kinda kept it in 1st, then soon took it to 3rd. Isn't kinda hard when ur slowing down to down shift right? Anyways its was a Honda 400, yea..too big for first time. Anyways I was making a turn in 3rd and I slowed down a bit and I somehow got closedlined by a powerline across the face. Well, my braces cuz into my upper lip when burns whenever I eat. I have a half inch cut on the bridge of my nose, some small cuts on my forehead, and a rope/line burn on my left cheek. My whole face was numb, but after a couple of minutes I got some feeling.

But I thought it was kinda hard to downshift when ur in 6th and braking fast....shifting wasen't hard at all but you gotta shift the clutch and the other one by your foot at te same time...but I think i'll get the hang of it.

Pic:

·
Registered
485 Posts
haha, that sounds like it hurt....

I learned to ride quads at the sand dunes. In the sand you can be pretty harsh on the clutch and it wont kill you, so it was wayyy easier to learn.

and by the way....

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, hopefully i'm getting a 250 this fall to start out on and put some wear on the clutch ;) But untill then I can only practice on my friends 80 bike and if we ever go back our to the farm lands..then those quads again.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Doesnt look like you had a helmet on haha, that sucks man. The best way to learn how to drive manual cars is learning on quads or bikes. Thats how i learned, the first time i jumped in a manual car i could drive it better then any or my friends...i guess 3yrs of mx helpd some haha

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
i was ridin my dirtbike and there was a cable across the trail no orange tap or nothin and i almost hit that *****
sucks man i got my dirtbike after we had a warrior 350n and i could get the clutch on the drtbike easy

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
It used to be hard for me to ride bikes, but now, shifting is no thing. On my buddies KX-125 (or any bike for that matter) I can eat the hell outta the gears. I see alot of people that ride here that don't know how to ride. They'll go in to a corner in about fouth, coast through it, then shift down after the corner. I saw a dude riding a crotch rocket in the mountains one time, and I was behind him at a red light. He killed the bike 3 times before he got going.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i am confused. my friends yamaha blaster we just dump the clutch if we want to haul a wheelie or if we r on snow and its fine. also when downshifting on it you dont have to use the clutch

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
I wouldn't be complaining. First tiem I was riding a Quad I flipped it and broke my wrist and collar bone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts