Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the purpose of the bracket that drops the co2 tank down and forward? is it a good mod or useless and why?

·
Registered
147 Posts
A lot of people use them for comfort. It helps balance out the gun if it's unbalanced. They are a good mod if you think your gun is unbalanced or just to short or long.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The bracket, known as a 'Drop Forward' will make your marker less back heavy by changing the markers' center of gravity.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
The bracket, known as a 'Drop Forward' will make your marker less back heavy by changing the markers' center of gravity.
Woah there buddy, changing the laws of physics, are we?

A drop brings the weight closer to you, so I guess it does technically make it more back heavy ;)

It changes the center of balance, so your gun will feel different, and thats about it. Will also make your setup slightly taller.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
^^ the gun is physically taller, but should not stick up any farther than normal. People nowadays do not shoulder guns with drops on them properly the vast majority of time...it's kind of a forgotten art I suppose.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^ the gun is physically taller, but should not stick up any farther than normal. People nowadays do not shoulder guns with drops on them properly the vast majority of time...it's kind of a forgotten art I suppose.

so should i get a stock to shoulder it correctly? my bro shoots ar-15's often and has some tips for me i assume so i would go with the adjustable carbine stock if i buy one unless you guys tell me its crap lol.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
No, a stock is really a waste of money, just put the tank to your shoulder and you're good.

You can add some duct tape or athletic tape or something to the end to help it grip your shoulder, but a stock really isnt worth buying.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, a stock is really a waste of money, just put the tank to your shoulder and you're good.

You can add some duct tape or athletic tape or something to the end to help it grip your shoulder, but a stock really isnt worth buying.

i do like the look of a stock though, but does it get in the way while playing? i would rather play well than just look good lol. and is a remote worth buying?

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
no a remote is not worth buying, yes a stock gets int he way of playing. Anz nailed wt then he said the tank serves as a stock while shooting.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
If you really wanted to, you can get a little cap that fits over the end of your tank that has a cup for your shoulder, but that's pushing it ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
since everyone is replying to this thread, what kind of site should i buy that fits my a5 without rail mods? i am looking at a hologram style. it needs to be reasonable in price. thanks.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
since everyone is replying to this thread, what kind of site should i buy that fits my a5 without rail mods? i am looking at a hologram style. it needs to be reasonable in price. thanks.
A sight is pointless, use the sights the lord gave you, your eyes for the clueless.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts