Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For price to performance, what is better? And what is a good regulator to get if I do go that route. I have a 14oz tank already, would adding a regulator be beneficial?

I have never dealt with one before so I'm new to the idea.

Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
martix_agent said:
there's no need to regulate CO2 on a tippman.
Trbo323 said:
I always recomend HPA , very consistant
It seems like these statrements are conflicting. Is there something I am missing?

To regulate the CO2, or keep it regular, meaning not irregular, you need to regulate it, right?

The point of a HPA tank is that the air is not irregular, it's consistent. I must be missing something :looking

Trbo323 said:
the co2 comes out of the tank at the operating pressure theres no need to further regulate it
Then why get HPA if CO2 does it's job consistently? (which it doesn't)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, ok. Thanks for the clarification! Maybe someday when I'm nice and rich I'll get HPA.

Thanks again thumup:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
You can get a nice HPA tank for pretty cheap on the nation used.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
I'm going to disagree here.

There ARE benefits to regulating CO2, in all but VERY rare instances. That's not regulating ALOT, but regulating is worthwhile. The trick is the RIGHT regulator.

The palmers reg, along with the aka LONG sidewinder, not only provide a more consistent flow of gas, CO2 almost never drops below 400 and spikes become irrelevant, they act as expansion chambers due to the way in which the gas moves past the reg seat.

Contrary to popular opinion, CO2 will not damage a properly maintained reg. They've been running on cockers for years that way....it's mostly propaganda and people refusing to lubricate regs the right way.

CO2 is far from the inferior gas source. Not only does it provide MORE shots per CI of tank on gun, it's safer to work with,and cheaper(because it's so readily available). The great flaw of CO2 is that it's dirty, and manufacturers have abandoned the more durable designs and solenoids needed to properly use the gas. CORRECTLY setup, Most mechanical or electro mechanical(ie guns not using a pneumatic flow-thru noid) guns are better off using CO2 with a purpose built reg(the palmer regs where MADE for that. They're not the hottest looking things, but they're the best in this application, no questions) just for the much larger in-tank capacity and simplicity.

HPA is NOT necessary on the gun you have. It will work fine,but is an awful waste. The tippman should be fully functional on a an anti-siphon tank with little to no velocity spikes...

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
With a tippy you don't even need anti siphon. There is nothing ot keep tihe liquid out of.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Anti-siphon is still going to stop velocity spikes, because it will keep liquid out of the gun...

The rest of the world is running HPA because companies chose not to pursue design conducive to CO2 usage, not because it's an inherently better gas source...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts