Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

I am working on a project for my school's robot team, we are trying to make an apparatus that will blow out a candle using CO2. We want to use a paintball tank as our reservoir of CO2 to fill the smaller tanks that will actually go on the robot. Unfortunately, the hardware we are using has very different fittings from the average CO2 tank. So, my question is this: what are the options for going from a CO2 tank fitting to some other kind of fitting?

Ideally we'd just like to be able to plug it into a 1/8th NPT fitting. I know that there are various types of hardware (the tubes that go between the CO2 and the gun itself) out there which connects CO2 tanks to markers, but I'm not sure if there is a solution for us which will yield an NPT fitting connection. Has anyone else tried playing with this stuff outside of paintball?

Thanks a lot guys

Adam

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
hmm, I dont' know much about air fittings. is the 1/8 NTP all that important? I'm sure there's a more conventional way of going it. I'm very unsure of what size threads paintball markers use though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts