Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Woohoo
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, sorry if I'm not supposed to be doing this...but I have another question... out of these cars which would you pick and why, these are the cars that I'm looking into in the order they appear:

1. Subaru WRX STI
2. Nissan Sentra SER Spec V
3. Mazda6
4. Camaro Z28
5. VW Jetta
6. Dodge SRT-4

I want something decently fast, reliable, and decent looking.

If you wouldn't take any of these cars, then tell me a good car for under 20,000.

EDIT: Oh, and I was also wondering..is it just a myth, or are they really coming out with a new camaro??
http://www.carphotoalbums.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/2069/size/big/password/sort/1/cat/Chevrolet_Camaro

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
It all depends on what yo are looking for. Do you want raw power, or a daily driver that will get you where you need to go for cheap? Are you considering resale?

If it were me, I would go with the z28 Camaro. I am biased towards american muscle just because I am. I own an IROC Z Camaro, and would pick that over any of these. I love the feeling of N/A flat out horsepower. The chevy smallblock is one of the most upgradeable engines out there, there are parts and mods everywhere for increasing power.

Now, if you are looking for something that you can maybe make a little quick down the line, the VW Jetta VR6 might be up your alley...nice power/fuel mileage ratio there. Lets see, the dodge and STI might be out of your price range, but stock, those are really fast. I was never too into foreign cars, so I dont know what kind of fuel mileage a hopped up 4 banger would get, but I know from experience that you can run a subaru to the ground every day and it will still run like a champ.

However, if this is your first car, I would get a beater...I dont see the point to getting a nice car as a first car anyhow. The ratio of new drivers that wrecked their cars from my high school when I used to go there was damn near 2:1. Besides, something else to take into account is insurance. On a beater its next to nothing, but on a car like that, its probably gonna be new, and bought from a dealership and not a private owner, so you'll probably end up getting full coverage.

That was just a quick overview, be a little more specific and we'll help you out more.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
if your going for reliable....stay away form the SE-R and the VW....the jettas have horrible problems with the electrical and windows falling out

the SE-R's are common to have the cats blow apart and cause a big bill

mazda6.....nice car....pretty reliable

neon.....no comment.....ur choice if you want to drive a neon

dumbestic.....eh......again you dont want my comment. after selling toyota's for two years....i would never buy domestic again

STI....no complaints from mine so far....great car and dam fast stock

1 - 8 of 8 Posts