Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your suggestions as it comes to cold weather paintballs. There are some paintballs that say they are specificlly designed for cold weather use. Is it hype or is there something to it. I have purchased some Wall-Mart balls the other day and did not have any breaks and shot prity well. However, my brother-in-law (jokingly) thetten to soot me with them just to see how it felt... It got me thinking... I am not out to heart anyone just to have fun. I would take some breakes if it ment more fun for the other guy.
Any thoughts of cold weather paintballing???

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts
You're not going to hurt any one unless you use monster balls. Cold weather makes regular paint more brittle. Just don't go trying to freeze your paint.

Winter paint has a little thicker shell and thinner fill; the thicker shell keeps it in one piece while exiting your barrel and the thinner fill keeps it from freezing as fast as regular paint and in the event that you do chop it's less likely to jam up your gun.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Getting shot with winter paint can be a bit like getting hit with a marble. Luckily when using winter paint you have thicker clothing but a knuckle shot can still hurt. You can also get more bounces with winter paint because of the combination of winter clothes providing more padding and the shell being thicker.

·
Registered
231 Posts
There is nothing wrong with monsterballs lol ever since mike phillips did that whole monsterball thing people have been uptight about it all. My friends use monsterballs(yeah they are cheaply made) but for 30$ its the cheapest thing we can find, but never hurt any of us?

·
1,298 Posts
There is nothing wrong with monsterballs lol ever since mike phillips did that whole monsterball thing people have been uptight about it all. My friends use monsterballs(yeah they are cheaply made) but for 30$ its the cheapest thing we can find, but never hurt any of us?
Monsterballs have been banned from fields long before Mike started making any videos.
I'm sorry Jason but there is plenty wrong with monsterballs.

·
Registered
231 Posts
well ive been in the sport for about 10-11 months now and our locol field uses Nightmare paintballs, but i meant out on my land or my friends when we used the monsterballs, they felt just the same as nightmare, and yeah some broke in my barrel and stuff like that but i just havnt that many problems with them. I now have moved on to another store and use formula ? something i cant remember so maybe i just didnt use them that much to have a problem with them

Whats bad about them?

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
youv'e been luck then.

They don't break, period. you can jump on them, throw them around, etc etc. they may not be bad at first, but they sit on shelves for so long that they're not worth using.

·
1,298 Posts
I believe you're referring to Formula 13 as your new paint. :)

Monsterballs are poor in quality. There are almost no standards for what is and is not an acceptable ball. With monsterballs, round is a thing of the past! They're on to a new egg shaped technology that's supposed to make your shot corkscrew through the air making it impossible to dodge. The only drawback to this new design is the fact that our barrel technology hasn't caught up yet, they're all still round which makes it hard to shoot an egg shaped ball out of in one piece.

Something about the way they are made coupled with a thick shell makes them less brittle resulting in a more solid object impacting you and not breaking. A paintball hit that breaks doesn't direct all of it's kinetic energy directly into your body directly where it hit, a good amount of the energy is diverted away from that point around it and into blasting the paintball apart. When a paintball impacts something and breaks, all the splatter is energy being diverted away from the impact point.
That's about as simple as I can make it.

I'm also not sure if monsterballs follow the maximum weight requirement. If they don't (a heavier mass will contain more energy) every hit with a monsterball will hurt more.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Brass Eagle tryed to rebrand Monsterballs in places that know they are uber bad. Reaction is what its called now. Its much much better, it breaks and everything. Still crappy, but its now 22 a case and its way better. Polly only cuz they got a new shipment cuz they rebranded tho...
Monsterballs stain too. Supposedly its "anti-cheat" paint and it cant be wiped. Prolly cuz it doesnt break in the first place so theres nothing to wipe!

·
1,298 Posts
The stuff that stains is made by JT and Nelson.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Harder to see from farther away. They are expensive, but its a good training product for police or whatever. ^to above post.
Ive had monsterballs stain. Ive looked right at someone that shot at a bunker which splattered on me. The same kid came up afterwards and told me he was using monsterballs.
DXS Frostbite and Artic Inferno is supposedly very good cold weather paint for 35-40 bucks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
website updated -

"Coming soon: G.O.L.F. Paintballs, with the brightly colored, goopy fill you expect from paintballs...and the increased range and accuracy from the G.O.L.F. technology! Real Action Paintball - as real as it gets! "

if those catch on and more people make them... price comes down while range and accuracy go up :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts