Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at that point where I need to start applying for colleges. I just finished applying for UTK (University of Tennessee, Knoxville) about 30 minutes ago. It took FOREVER!!! God I hate this. The worst part is that I now have to write an essay for the Freshman Scholarship Program thing. I have till November 1st to get the application in. Dammit. I shouldn't have waited for this ****. Oh well. Wish me luck PBF!

PS: Here's the essay topic
Select one of the following: literature and the arts, politics and business, science and technology. Discuss one specific aspect of its importance, including benefits and problems. How would you promote and develop this specific aspect to maximize its benefit to society? Indicate what you believe the financial costs and staffing needs would be for implementation of your proposal over the first five years.

That crap has to be between 1000 and 2000 words. Crap.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I went to Central Connecticut for an open house today. When asked, "Are you a Junior or a Senior?", And I gave my reply of sophomore, people had this look on there face. I couldn't tell if it was because I was looking at colleges early, or if it was because I look older than I am.

Anyhow, college seems like a **** load of fun.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Huh? you have to write an essay and take forever for an application?

I guess thats why I love Ky. 1 application + 5 minutes + pen= Accepted to ALC. Same thing for UK, but I didn't even fill it out, I knew I was going to ALC, so I didnt waste my time.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
my advice for you with college application essays, LIE!

the one i remember doing was "who is your academic hero?" and i of course said my mother, because i had a very rough childhood and my mom stayed up every night with me to make sure i was doing my best with school and at the same time she worked 2 jobs

which is all complete bullsh** lol

BUT i got into rutgers engineering, which aint easy

just lie lie lie, make it dramatic as possible

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Hey, I've been looking for someone with your expertise. For a few years now, I've been wondering what is "right", and finally I've found someone who specializes in the field!

Yet another philosophical question answered by science.

·
Erect member.
2,323 Posts
PAT McCORMICK said:
my advice for you with college application essays, LIE!

the one i remember doing was "who is your academic hero?" and i of course said my mother, because i had a very rough childhood and my mom stayed up every night with me to make sure i was doing my best with school and at the same time she worked 2 jobs

which is all complete bullsh** lol

BUT i got into rutgers engineering, which aint easy

just lie lie lie, make it dramatic as possible
aint it the truth. You gotta make the decision, tell the truth and get into a ****ty college, or lie and get into a great one. tough call...or not.

lie like a rug.

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
mspainter said:
Anyhow, college seems like a **** load of fun.
Just make sure you make the right choice. And if you get into a year and realize you didn't, for the love of GOD TRANSFER!!! I've made the mistake of sticking through the gay ass college I go to, and now I'm at the point where if I'd transfer I'd have to do extra years and I can't afford taht ****. I'd strongly advise against going to christian colleges, even if you are a christian, because you will not get the college experience, I repeat you will not get the college experience.

You will get raped in the ass daily and taht is all, and you will hate life and actually wish you were still in high school, even if you hated high school.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts