Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is anyone else like me? I am sittin here a senior in high school. I get out on Jan. 22nd as long as i pass all of my classes. The problem is i still have no idea what i want to go to college for. I am thinking about going into automotive or horticulture stuff because i love working on cars and i love being outside.
Was just wondering if anyone has it like me?

D

·
0 Posts
Well, three years ago I did. I wouldn't get too bent outta shape about not being sure what you wanna take. I had no idea when I applied and I've changed my major twice since I started. I think it's more important that you at least go rather than to get your program right the first time.

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah trust me i am going to college. Jobs are getting tougher and tougher to get now adays. I could always work at mcdonalds :dodgy:

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Find something you like, but don't be afraid to change it (what Smalls said).

If I could go back and do it again, I think I'd do it differently. First, I'd go to the University of Rochester, since I wouldn't have to pay tuition. I decided to go to RIT for some reason, and while it's an amazing school, I think I'd rather have no bills to pay when I graduate. Second, I think I would go for some sort of international relations/business program, or a political science major of some sort.

I'm counting down the weeks/days until graduation. I'll be done this spring.

-Jin

·
Registered
830 Posts
I'm a freshman at RPI and I've already changed my major (physics to management)and picked up a minor in psych and decided to double concentrate in marketing and entrepreneurship.

College is about trying a bunch of new things and figuring out what you want to do by trying EVERYTHING. That's what distribution requirements are for.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Community College - Associates Of Liberal Arts.

Transfers to local universities and gives you time to think what the **** you want to do.

·
Anne Coulter's #1 Fan
4,291 Posts
There's actually some pretty nice economic returns to community college. Look up some papers by a guy named Andrew Gill, he's all into researching returns to community college educations.

And actually, there's some other really neat findings in the area of economic returns to education that other people have made, such as comparisons in wage earnings of GED recipients compared to high school dropouts.

·
Registered
830 Posts

·
i haz teh titties
199 Posts
So is anyone else like me? I am sittin here a senior in high school. I get out on Jan. 22nd as long as i pass all of my classes. The problem is i still have no idea what i want to go to college for. I am thinking about going into automotive or horticulture stuff because i love working on cars and i love being outside.
Just a bit of advice...

DON'T GO TO WYOTECH. Unless you're super academic man, and you graduate in the top 5%. My ex went to wyotech and ****ed off the entire time and ended up with a C average and now he works on an assembly line putting transmissions together for like $11.00 an hour.

$27,000 tuition > $11.00/hr

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Just a bit of advice...

DON'T GO TO WYOTECH. Unless you're super academic man, and you graduate in the top 5%. My ex went to wyotech and ****ed off the entire time and ended up with a C average and now he works on an assembly line putting transmissions together for like $11.00 an hour.

$27,000 tuition > $11.00/hr
Hmmmmm sucks that your boyfriend just sucks at life then. I have 2 good friends at Wyotech and both got full rides. Also, $27,000 to finish school in 9 months isn't too bad. That being said though, I probably couldn't handle their program.

One of those friends though already has a guranteed job over at carmax when he graduates for like $25/hr starting pay. ;0

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
I'm 22 years old and I'm still nto sure what i'm gonan do all my life. I'm picking up an industrial electrician degree for the time being to get a foothold on life, and what happens past that point is a mystery to me.

·
i haz teh titties
199 Posts
Hmmmmm sucks that your ex boyfriend just sucks at life then. I have 2 good friends at Wyotech and both got full rides. Also, $27,000 to finish school in 9 months isn't too bad. That being said though, I probably couldn't handle their program.

One of those friends though already has a guranteed job over at carmax when he graduates for like $25/hr starting pay. ;0
And yes he does suck at life. Wyotechs a good school if you take it seriously but the job market here in PA is saturated with Wyotechers. You really need to apply yourself to go anywhere. Good for your friends though.

EDIT
I fixed your statement :)

·
45's to the sky
4,355 Posts
Yeah bro, don't worry about it. I initially had no idea what I wanted to do. The only college I looked at was Indiana University-Bloomington and that's where I ended up. About halfway through the semester I decided I wanted to transfer out next semester to be closer to home. I then realized this week that I don't want to be in my hometown the rest of my life and I want to go somewhere while I have the chance. I'll either take some community college courses next semester or this summer and work. Next fall I'm going to University of South Florida-Tampa. I'm really looking forward to it. The point being is that I never imagined ending up at USF. Things just happen bro. You will be fine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts