Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
PbF Supp/Beer Expert
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I thought it would be nice for the beer lovers. If you only drink Bud/coors light and think its the most amazing beer out there get out. Those are only for getting drunk off of.

My favorite beer so far - Peroni Nastro Azzuro. Its italian and stands for Blue Ribbon. (Not to be confused with Pabst Blue Ribbon aka ****). Its a pilsner based beer and its a very light color. Looks almost like carbonated water. It is light but still very very full flavored. A little sweet with barely any bitterness. 5.6% alcohol by volume I believe also. My rating. 9/10.

I am not a fan of ales nor any type of bitterness.

My next beer I will tell you about is popular and can be found in many liquor stores. Its a Belgium beer called "Leffe". Its a blonde ale but there is so little bitterness you would not think its ale. Its smoother than any beer ive had yet with a touch of sweetness. Not over hoppy neither. A true belgium beer at its finest.

If more people post in here I will give more reccomendations. WOO!

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
I'm 21 in less than a month, so this will be good information for when I can actually go purchase alcohol.
I'm not huge into drinking to begin with, and even less so when it comes to beer, but I think it's because I've only had crap. Best I've had was Killians. I'm going to have to try and find some of the beers you're recommending.

-Jin

D

·
0 Posts
I'm 21 in less than a month, so this will be good information for when I can actually go purchase alcohol.
I'm not huge into drinking to begin with, and even less so when it comes to beer, but I think it's because I've only had crap. Best I've had was Killians. I'm going to have to try and find some of the beers you're recommending.

-Jin
Weird. I didn't know we were the same age.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Weird. I didn't know we were the same age.
Yeah man...Did you think I was younger or older?

I forget though, where in Canada are you? I've got a good friend who lives in London. He used to drive down to Rochester every weekend in the summer to go racing.

-Jin

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Saturday I had an interesting beer line up. It flowed together quite nicely.

I started with a 6er of Landshark. After that I was caught up on the pong table, so I was having Keystone Light that whole time. After that I settled down with a few Rolling Rocks.

I decided that Keystone kind of tastes like Landshark but without an aftertaste.

I was happy with how well they went together though. Gave me some variety, but nothing too wild.

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
Blue Moon is pretty popular in my area. And I have to say it's one of my favorites. It's a Belgian-style wheat ale, but not really bitter.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
I don't like Peroni at all. During my semester in Rome thats what we'd buy in bulk...akin to an Italian Keystone Light. Nastro Azurro is just Peroni with a different label.

My beer list:

Pale Ale: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale( microbrew in CA)
India Pale Ale(IPA): Bridgeport IPA (brewed in OR)
Lite American: Miller Lite(brewed all over US)
American Lager: Sam Adams Boston Lager(brewed by Boston Beer Company)
Wheat Beer(hefe): Tied between Hoegaarden and Leffe(both Belgian)
Amber: Alaskan Amber(Alaska)
Foreign Lager: Stella Artois(Belgian)
Pilsner: Pilsner Urquell(Czech)

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah man...Did you think I was younger or older?

I forget though, where in Canada are you? I've got a good friend who lives in London. He used to drive down to Rochester every weekend in the summer to go racing.

-Jin
I thought you were a year or so older.

London Ontario? I'm about an hour north of there.

·
0 Posts
If you don't like bitter, get wheat beer, hefeweizen aus bayern sind immer sehr gut. Myself, i'm partial to bitter, diebels alt, guinness and other stouts. Lager, nothing beats moosehead in my book. Pale ale, meh, can't say i've tried many so alexander keith's.

D

·
0 Posts
I had natty ice for the first time this weekend. It certainly lived up to its name. Terrible stuff.

·
PbF Supp/Beer Expert
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dan, yes Peroni itself is like Pabst in Italy. But Nastro Azzuro is like Sam Adams here. Never cared for Sam Adams tho.

Lienekugel Honey Weiss is next on my list. Incredibly smooth with the smallest taste of bitterness. A nice hint of honey gives it a full flavored taste. Sweetness is not high or overpowering at all and you still get the same beer taste. 7/10

Kirin Ichiban - This beer something got to me about it. To me it seemed like it was too light. No flavor to speak of minus a normal coors lightish flavor. I could sware I taste spices in it but am not sure. Overall in my book I give it a 5/10

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Dan, yes Peroni itself is like Pabst in Italy. But Nastro Azzuro is like Sam Adams here. Never cared for Sam Adams tho.

Lienekugel Honey Weiss is next on my list. Incredibly smooth with the smallest taste of bitterness. A nice hint of honey gives it a full flavored taste. Sweetness is not high or overpowering at all and you still get the same beer taste. 7/10

Kirin Ichiban - This beer something got to me about it. To me it seemed like it was too light. No flavor to speak of minus a normal coors lightish flavor. I could sware I taste spices in it but am not sure. Overall in my book I give it a 5/10
Not a fan of Sam Adams? Which have you tried? I fell in love with the Winter Lager and I also enjoyed the Holiday Porter. I'm going to try more seasonal flavors once... you know.. it's a new season.

Steel reserve is the work of negros spitting in a can.
I can see that.

·
PbF Supp/Beer Expert
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am not a big fan of holiday ales or lagers. The darkness of them doesnt agree with my taste buds. Over the winter ive had NUMEROUS winter ales lol.

Otter creek winter ale- It was rasberry and not that bad considering it was bitter.
Anchor Brewing company - Very good. Very dark haha. Thick but still great.
Sierra Nevade Holiday Pale Ale - Hate pale ales with a passion but this was not that bad. Sierra Nevada knows how to make their ****.
Winter Cask Bourbon Ale - Amazing. Greatest holiday beer I ever had. Amazing vanilla taste to it. Really really great.

More to come on the holiday have to go shovel.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
I am not a big fan of holiday ales or lagers. The darkness of them doesnt agree with my taste buds. Over the winter ive had NUMEROUS winter ales lol.

Otter creek winter ale- It was rasberry and not that bad considering it was bitter.
Anchor Brewing company - Very good. Very dark haha. Thick but still great.
Sierra Nevade Holiday Pale Ale - Hate pale ales with a passion but this was not that bad. Sierra Nevada knows how to make their ****.
Winter Cask Bourbon Ale - Amazing. Greatest holiday beer I ever had. Amazing vanilla taste to it. Really really great.

More to come on the holiday have to go shovel.
I wish I could remember the brand, but it was a winter white ale, amazing. Very light with a pleasant aftertaste of eggnog flavors. It came in a holiday variety pack, but I wish I could remember the brand.

I'll look for the Holiday Sierra Nevada, I didn't have a bad time with the normal pale ale.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts