Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Retired, proud dad
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's alot of questions beginners asked me about the VS2, so I writting this thread for this.

First of all, when you open the box, make sure everything is tight. I had to retighten the ASA (allen screw in the grip), and the frontblock (remove the whole trigger, and there's a screw right under the body, close to the front block).

Here's what I'm doing usually to clean my VS2 after a game :

->Clean the whole body, remove all paint.
->Remove the eyes cover, clean the eyes and eyes hole, and rubber detents. You can also put a drop of oil on each ball detents. That can help prevent recocking issues. Put all back in place, make sure to NOT tighten the eyes cover screw to hard.
->Pull the bolt pin up, and the bolt should get out. Clean the bolt, remove the paint (if there's paint there, but that never happened to me). DO NOT OIL THE BOLT, OR THE BOLT O-RING. The bolt is in delrin, and if you oil it, it will swell. BTW that is indicated in the user manual.
-> Release the allen screw under the rear body, to release the striker. Remove the striker with your allen tool, you should be able to see it under the bolt, where's it should be.
-> Wipe the striker from old oil with paper, and then put a drop of oil on the striker o-ring (not on the whole striker).
-> Put all back in place : the striker (o-ring first) and the bolt hole up, the spring, the striker stopper (rubber). Push on the spring while hitting the trigger (at this point, the trigger has to be on, with eyes off). That will allow the striker to get back in place.
-> Put the bolt back. check where's the striker hole. You can help yourself with little encarving in the milling that indicates both places where the striker can be.

And you're done. Theses steps takes 15 min max.

You also need to lube the regulator sometimes. I lube mine each 2500 rounds. If you need to lube it, here's what I do with mine :

-> Remove the barrel. That will prevent to throw oil in your barrel.
-> Put 3 drops of oil in the ASA hole (makes sure your on/off on the reg is ON). NOT IN THE FILL NIPPLE OF YOUR TANK !!!
-> Screw in a tank, and dry fire about 50 shots. That's an easy way to oil the reg.

And you're done. Theses last steps takes about 5 minutes...

·
Retired, proud dad
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Velocity adjustment
First of all, DO NOT ADJUST VELOCITY WITH YOUR REG. You could have some recoking problems. The spyder VS2 have a velocity adjuster, right behind the marker. All you have to do is take an allen tool, turn the screw CLOCKWISE to RAISE VELOCITY, COUNTER-CLOCKWISE to LOWER VELOCITY. That's it !

Now I'll explain how to set up your reg.

-> Screw in a tank, and check your gauge.
-> There's an allen screw on the reg, close to the on/off. If you turn it CLOCKWISE, the pressure go DOWN. If you turn it COUNTER-CLOCKWISE, the pressure goes UP.
->Turning up the pressure and you'll see it on the gauge, but you'll have to dry fire to see the pressure going down. So if you're trying to get the pressure lower, turn the reg screw for about 1/8, dry fire and check the gauge. Never go higher than 300psi, you will blow the gauge.
-> When you're marker is brand new, set the reg to 250-275. That will allow the reg to break-in.
-> When you're marker had fire more than 3000 shots, you can try to lower the pressure. (try 225).

Now I'll explain the trigger modes :
-> The upper button is the on/off, and eyes fonctions. Click it to open the trigger. The upper light is RED, and lower is Green. The marker is in semi-mode, but on the safety. It cannot fire.
-> Click on the "M" button, to remove the safety. Both lights are greats, you are in semi auto mode, eyes on, ready to fire.
-> If you click on the upper button, you turns of the eyes. Personnally I turn off the eyes only to get the striker back when I'm cleaning it.
-> If you Hold the "M" button for about 5 secs, it will turn in Burst mode. The upper light is off, and the lower light is orange. That means you are in 3 burst shots mode.
-> To close the trigger, you have to HOLD the upper button for 5 secs. All lights are off, the marker is safe now.

Upper light :
green : eyes are on
red : marker is on SAFETY
off : eyes are off

Lower light :
Green : semi-auto mode
Orange : 3 burst shots mode
off : marker is off.

Recharge time :
usually I recharge my marker the day BEFORE a game. A rechargable battery loose his charge with time. This way you will never be took pants off with a low battery. Charge it for 6-8 hours for a full charge. DO NOT OVER CHARGE THE BATTERY. That will kill the battery, and you will have to buy another one.

BTW don't try to use normals 9V batteries. Kingman batteries are 9.6V, so the board needs to operate with 9.6V. That means if you put a normal 9V, the board will drain more AMPS to have to same power (W = V*A, if V goes down, A have to be highter to get the same W), causing over heating board and battery. In one word, you can fry your board using a 9V, and void the Kingman warranty.

If the ASA wiggle a bit :
Open the grip, there's a screw buttom of it. Just thighten it up : it's there to fix the ASA !

Got a ball break ?
If you break a ball, you can run a squeegie and then a swab through the upper tube after removing the bolt

Just make sure you pull the swab out the front, so all the nasty gunk will come out of the front of your gun and not get pulled into the back where your striker slot is and everything. (Thanks AznInvazn ;))

Dunno if I forgot something, let me know if you have a question and I'll add it here.

Have a nice game !

·
Retired, proud dad
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice.. I may go in and do some 'slight' editing for purely format sake to make it easier to read.. but otherwise a very well thought out and written post.

Thanks.
Do it, I'm not english that's why I made alot mistakes. But if you wanna edit it for make it easier to read, then go for it !

·
Registered
6 Posts
You also need to lube the regulator sometimes. I lube mine each 2500 rounds. If you need to lube it, here's what I do with mine :

-> Remove the barrel. That will prevent to throw oil in your barrel.
-> Put 3 drops of oil in the ASA hole (makes sure your on/off on the reg is ON). NOT IN THE FILL NIPPLE OF YOUR TANK !!!
-> Screw in a tank, and dry fire about 50 shots. That's an easy way to oil the reg.

And you're done. Theses last steps takes about 5 minutes...
Wouldn't this get your delrin bolt lubricated? Because as Ive heard and as the manual says if you lubricate the delrin bolt it will swell and you will end having recocking problems.

·
Retired, proud dad
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That is why you shouldn't put more than 2-3 drops in the ASA. There's almost no oil that reach the bolt, just remove it and wipe with a towel to be sure.

Edit : thx for correcting me

·
Retired, proud dad
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2500 shots, but the marker as an issue with battery draining when off, so I personally remove the battery to store the marker.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
You can also asdd that if you break a ball, you can run a squeegie and then a swab through the upper tube after removing the bolt

Just make sure you pull the swab out the front, so all the nasty gunk will come out of the front of your gun and not get pulled into the back where your striker slot is and everything
:)

·
Retired, proud dad
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Added ;). Thanks for the Input :) I knew it but forgot to put it in my thread. That's a nice addition.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I figure you are still an active member. What if I've already messed with the regulator pressure? I know u said dont mess with it but dont I have to adjust it to around 225 psi? And I probably need to crank my velocity up a bit.

·
Retired, proud dad
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just don't get it under 200 psi, because you may encounter recocking troubles. Mine was shooting pretty good around 225psi, this is why I recommend this pressure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah I'm shooting 250 to kinda break it in with my HPA tank. If i turned it up to 275 it was kinda over pressuring it i think? It had a little extra umph on the air coming out

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
It's a Stacked Tube Blow Back marker
You can't over pressurize it unless you somehow pump enough pressure in it to rupture the metal

1 - 17 of 17 Posts