Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
I used to have plenty of parts laying around. I sold them to friends though and used the $$ to build my bro a nice computer so he would stop using mine.:)

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol i still have more but the other stuff is like trash

so i put all that crap to gether

i have one of the old floppy drives
2 old cases

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've got a couple of cases, monitors, keyboards, etcetera sitting around. Basically everything I've acquired since my 300mhz system back in '98 I tend to get rid of my old stuff. (I long parted with my Atari2600, Compaq486, Commodore128/1571/Volks6470, and Commodore64/SFD1001/Hayes2400 system. *sigh*)

My stepdad got into computers briefly, and I got to go through his stuff after his death in '97. Imagine a room full of loose components, 8-tracks, and recording equipment. 486, 386, and 286 boards mostly, although I did find an old 8088 board it took me a while to identify. (There was also an old Pentium 25hmz board/processor combo, with a "turbo" add-on that brought it up to a blistering 50mhz!) Also found a Timex Sinclair 2000 (2meg RAM and 16meg memory expansion and a tape drive!) and a TI-99/4A.

The oldest thing I have sitting around is my old "APF TV Fun" Pong game from '77. It was the first commercially available home video game. Black and white only, paddles and sound built in the console, takes 6 D cell batteries, and has 4 variations of Pong! *w00t!*

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
425MB? That's huge!!....Compared to the ones my friend has. Take like 5 or 6 of today's hard drives and stack them together. That was the size of this, and I don't even remember how small it was....Some super lower number of MBs.

Anyway, I have:

2 Monitors
2 Hard Drives
2 Power Supplies
An old mobo
1 extra CD drive (sold the other)
Old sound & phone line cards
Tons of wires (boxes full)
Some A drives

And I think that's it...Seems like I had more. Hmm...weird.

~Jin

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
wow, that's all you guys have? I feel like a pack rat now :p

anyway... i have a whole school and my fingertips.. so actually buying computer parts are a thing of the past.. why oh why did they make me a Tech guy and pay me :)

- Brian

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
i had 6 computers in my room at one time they all worked but were from like 1990 -1997 lol but then i went a away for a 2 weeks came back and my dad gave all of them away. i had 7 monitors 1 didnt work one went boom after a 6 story fall lol it went fare and the others were given away.

o and i like to take stuff apart so now i am down to 1 cd rom i had 2 a week ago . 2 keyboards bit one will only wrk on old computers. 2 old mother boards but you cant do crap with them. 1 of them takes the foot long cards. lol

pic of my room
http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion/comradekylechrisman/room1.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts