Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, for the past year or two, i've been using my computer as my primary source of music entertainment. I have this chord that feeds from it to my speaker system, so I can play music out of that. Well recently, the music coming out has been distorted. The vocals have been alot quieter and easily drowned out by the rest of the music, and the guitar parts are often fuzzy and blurry. I've checked the equalizer on Windows Media Player, and it's fine. So are the volume controls on the bottom right of the computer. Is it possible my computer's audio playing days has come to an end? I know it's not the speaker system, because I play CDs on it alot too, and they all sound fine. I'm listening to my computer with headphones right now, and it's as bad as it's ever been.

Is there a hidden audio control thing that could be effecting this?
Would rebooting my computer help?
Could using audacity in any way cause this?

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a CD with the latest version of Windows Media player, do you think updating to that version would help any? I messed around with the equalizer on the bottom right corner, and turned the wave down. The music sounds alot better, it isn't blotchy anymore. But the vocals still go loud and soft randomly.

·
startx: command not found
3,991 Posts
I have a CD with the latest version of Windows Media player, do you think updating to that version would help any? I messed around with the equalizer on the bottom right corner, and turned the wave down. The music sounds alot better, it isn't blotchy anymore. But the vocals still go loud and soft randomly.
test it with winamp or something.

[threadhijack]
and a little fyi: don't accidentally plug in amplified mics to your sound card's mic jack instead of line out. You get a very ugly buzzing/screech until you unplug it. Afterwards, neither mic or line out ports work, and there's a clicking noise before and after every bit of sound played on your computer.

i'm currently saving $$ to buy a new card =(
[/threadhijack]

·
Registered
580 Posts
Might just be your soundcard thats gone bad.

Linux, if I would of logged in last night I would of sent you my soundcard. I just sold it for 5$ this morning. I can more then likely find a good for cheap. all to pay is shipping cost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts