Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently put together a computer for myself, and it seems to be running pretty hot.

Stats:

P4 3.0 Ghz HT
512 DDR 3200
G-force 5200
WD 80gb HD

Well, what I am wondering, if any of you have a temp. read out on your case, what are the temps of your case?

Mine right now is 89(f), but it was at 105(f) earlier. (I took the backing off my desk compartment, to increase airflow) This is after playing The Sims 2, for about 5 min. but it still seams a bit high, becuase I stopped playing the game over 2 hours ago, so it should have no effect.

Overall, I just want to know what other peoples case temps are, idle, and while gaming.

·
Registered
239 Posts
it shuldent be a problem unless your PC starts to crash.

if that happends you can eather get a better fan or thares some other quick fix thing you can do like cutting off the fan grate on the case then fileing it down.

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
when u say case temp i assume motherboard temp. my motherboard temp is around 76(F)....and my CPU is around 120(F)(i think)....anything over 100 on a motherboard is to hot...only way u are gonna get that lower is better/more fans...and make sure u have actual airflow. Having all the fans pointing in is gonna do nothing...u need to have some pointing in..and some pointing out.

I however have 5 fans....2 in the back pushing air in...1 on the side pushing in...then 2 on the front pushing out.

how many fans do u have?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Alpha said:
Would it be safe to get rid of my fans and switch to only liquid cooling?
youd still need atleast 1 fan for the radiator...

and yes its safe if done right.
also dont purchase the crappy kits because most heatsink fans run cooler for a fraction of the price.

thermalright heatsinks are the best

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
mines about the same. 32*C and 48-50*C. mobo and cpu respectively. i want a new heatsink w/ a peltier module. those things are sweetness

·
12,110 Posts
Heres what you do. Make a small chamber that will fit inside your case (assuming it isn't so jacked that there isn't any space). Get a coiled remote. Get a CO2 tank. When the temperature gets hot, turn on the valve for a few seconds and keep the C02 upside down. :D

EDIT: or just use N2 and just spray it into the case.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Alpha said:
Heres what you do. Make a small chamber that will fit inside your case (assuming it isn't so jacked that there isn't any space). Get a coiled remote. Get a CO2 tank. When the temperature gets hot, turn on the valve for a few seconds and keep the C02 upside down. :D

EDIT: or just use N2 and just spray it into the case.
lol. some people already use nitro cooling for their processors.. lol its gets them to like -200C

·
12,110 Posts
NOt liquid nitro, jsut gasious nitro. Adn anyways, wouldn't that make it slower? Why no just make a box like I suggested, and put dry ice in it? The purpose of the chamber is so nothign will drip into whatever it is you might have at teh bottom of your case.

I seroioulsy need an acrylic case. I like em...

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I only run 2 80MM fans, that push air out, I'm planning on gettin a 120mm fan to bring air in, but until then, I am stuck with 2 output fans.

And my case actually has an LCD screen on it, and a termistate inside that mesures the air temp inside the case.

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are right next to eachother on the back of the case.

I'll be sure to pick up my 120mm for input.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
I have one in the front sucking in, one on the side sucking in, one in hte back blowing out, and a second fan on my power supply that i think is sucking in (then of course the fan on the back of the ps blowing out).

I don't know if it's accurate or not, but I have a program that tells you about every stat possible about your system. it says that my Mb and processor are almost always 77*, except sometimes after playing CS for awhile the cpu has gone up to about 83*. I don't think my MB really has any temp sensors, but I have so many fans blowing it really doesn't matter (that, and it's usually about 60* in my room :p) I also have round IDE and floppy cables, and I use a wire sleeving kit to sleeve all of the power supply wires, so it's all nice n neat inside, no blocked airflow at all

·
Registered
303 Posts
My comp now runs at about 88F just surfing, and about 96 when gaming. But I have a celeron 1.1, with only one fan blowing in so......... I have 2 fans on my new comp (still dont have all the parts). Should I do 1 in, 1 out? One is on the side and the other is on teh top. I also have TONS of vents on the back.....

Alpha: I have a case with an acrylic window..... They are nice.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
well you should think of how the air will flow. if you have fans blowing in on the front and out in the back, you'll have a steady flow of air through the case.
if you have "vents" in the back, you should have a place for a fan. they're really pretty cheap. put one back there, and have both that and the side ones blowing in, the top one out. that way you should have some air going over the mb and cpu, and any warmer air will rise and be sucked out thru the top.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
heres my fan setup.

1 intake in the front, one intake on side, intake on inside of case in power supply, and output in power supply

2 outputs in back of case

cpu fan, gpu fan, and thats it for now. lol. want another for the front, and some el wire to light up the bezel from the inside. i've got my front intake fan set up in the same bay section as my sata hdd so it stays nice an cool.

·
Registered
649 Posts
my setup.

Vaio has 2 fans never overheats.

Theclear case which I built has 6 Fans. Will never overheat.

·
Registered
649 Posts
the picture make her brighter than she realy is. I usually don have all the lights on with it unless im listening to music or something. The fans are lighted too but those always stay on and give a softer glow.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts