Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why all my icons have the windows logo on them? its really pissing me off. it doesnt do anything at all, i can still open them all. but it still just pisses me off how i cant see any of them. anyone know whats wrong with them?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive tried just about everything, it has been like that for like 3 weeks now. nothing is wrong with the comp, or windows, it just pisses me off that they're there. restarting does nothing, and if i were to install windows again, then i wouldnt install ME, i would get XP. If either of you have win ME, you know it is the sorriest excuse for an operating system on the face of this planet. I absoloutley hate everything about it.

D

·
0 Posts
yeah if you got ME when it first came out then its really crappy, but i got mine a while after it came out and they fixed all the bugs by then. i have no problems wiht mine.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
this happens to me all the time
tell me this do u play computer games?
If so, then its cuz u alt-tabbed. It happens alot on ME
To fix it all u have to do is open the game, and alt-tab again until it goes back to normal. ME is ga y but i cant install another windows cuz i have stuff i cant delete on my comp

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont play computer games, or anything like that. I know the alt + tab thing. Paintballer_200- they arent switching icons, you know the windows icon with the flying window, and then the world underneath it? that what mine are, except they are covering up the normal icons. Its like they are just layered ontop, doing nothing.

I agree, windows me is horrible OS. I wish i could just switch back to 98, or up to XP. those are the good years.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
try hitting ur "show desktop button a few times" if that duznt work go the Windows Help and type in "corrupt icons" or something

·
Registered
31 Posts
Steps to fix your problem
1. Go in your garage
2.Get the toolbox
3.Bring the toolbox inside
4.Take out the hammer
5.Throw in through the monitor
6.Hammer down the computer
7.Buy a MAC
8.Have fun

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If its that way, then i am a nazi communinst axurdering child ****ographer. Lets see, you get a powermac today, it comes with top of the line DVD editing software, AN IN-CRASHABLE operationg system, proven to be the most stable OS to use on a computer, flatscrene monitor, a hardrive the size of a box of crackers, instead of a tower thats huge, and all around better performance. There is nothing good about PC's other than their compatability. Alomst anything available for PC's are available on macs as well. even the start menu format, which is awesome.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
ok u mention a harddrive the size of a box of crackers.... a pc hardrive is as big as a cd case, but thick....

the tower is not the hardrive, the reason its so big is becuz of the mother board, but i mean look at the new gateway, it runs windows but its the same size and shape as the new i-mac...

macs are ok, yes the software is compatable but the hardware isnt... and u cant play jack crap games on macs

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I agree, no real good games are made for the Mac, but if I was doing some work with movies or music because theyre good for that kind of stuff but I dont, I just play games and sit here. Boy Im a loser.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
but in order to run a computer, you need a motherboard, and c'mon....who buys gateways anymore? i dont think i have seen one of those used since like 95. I just use the internet to talk to people, and burn cds and stuff. i dont even own a computer game, so i dont care. hey are much more user freindly too, for people who arent good with computers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts