Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new computer today. I need to get all my files from my old computer onto this one. I can hook them both up to my DSL router, or I can directly connect them with an ethernet cable. I know nothing about networking and file sharing. Can anyone help me get my files transfered?

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't those be for transfering files between hard drives on the same computer? I need to go from one computer to the other.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hook them directly to each other and share the hard drive on the computer that you want to take the files FROM. Then go on the computer that you want to put the files ON and access the LAN and copy and paste the files that you want onto that computer.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
from what i understand, you first have to create a network between the 2 computers by going to control panel/network connections then you will see "set up a home network" on the right hand side, follow all the steps, then you should be able to connect directly to that computer and transfer files. that is with xp tho, idk wut os you have

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you use Windows XP, when you set it up, there is a transfer option that allows you to transfer files from one machine to another. I don't remember where it's located though. I saw it when I put XP on my machine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts