Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, whenever I start it up it does it's BIOS thing. Then when windows is supposed to kick in, it just has a blank screen. I have restarted it 10 times, so don't tell me to restart. I have left it on that so i know it's not booting. It doesn't normally take 10+ minutes for windows to boot.

Also, when I press any key it redoes BIOS.

If you help me get it working again, I'll be your best friend. I really don't feel like taking it back the shop.
~Andrew

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Gabriot said:
At the very start does it recognize your hard drives?
Good question, also do you think it is a Windows problem? Try to re-install Windows.

·
Registered
649 Posts
hold shift so it skips loading crap and tries to start windows right away. If still no work then connect hard drives to other compy and save ur files. Then put back in old one and reformat.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll go try that now and report back if anything new happens^
I think one of the possiblities is that my video card died. Having your video card work wouldn't affect BIOS correct.

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
Number One N00b said:
I think one of the possiblities is that my video card died. Having your video card work wouldn't affect BIOS correct.
Aside from showing the bios?

But seriously...

When they installed windows at the shop, did they give you the CD? If so, pop that in when you start your computer, and it should give you a couple options (Boot from CD, Boot From Hard drive, start windows setup) somthing along those lines. Select Boot from CD, and see if that does the trick.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<.<

>.>

No, they installed Windows XP Pro. I never got a disk because XP Pro Can be installed on more then one computers I believe. I'll probably end up selling it, and buying a new computer. A nicer computer. The one that just died was from 1998 and we upgraded it in 2002. The last upgrade was the 80 gig hard drive, which I got last Christmas.
Any good deals on a computer would be appreciated, somewhere in the 500-600 price range.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
only problem is that you will need to buy an OS

unless you are planning to run linux which i doubt

1 - 20 of 20 Posts