Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Custom User Title
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'd like to pride myself knowing that i know more about computers then my family and friends:p, but this one has me stumped.

im getting a lot, and i mean a lot, of pop-ups from just sitting on my desktop!!!

i looked and there are no programs on my computer that can be causing them. i looked into the sites, and they all claim the pop-ups are caused by a javascript when you visit a site......but im sitting on my desktop and getting them!

any one have any idea what can be causing them or what any way i can stop them?:confused:

and a pop-up stopper is not in the question

·
Registered
83 Posts
Kazaa causes tons of popups on some computers but a little on others its weird. Do you have that running maybe its not like on your start bar on the bottom of your screen but it could be a little icon in the right corner which means its still running. Might want to try right clicking on the icon in the right corner and click close.

·
Custom User Title
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks das, yes im aware of programs that run in your system tray:p

thanks everyone, i think this ad-aware program really did it:D

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Nah, go diddle around in in Control Panel and find Network Connections and you'll see something about connection, go play around in there and find something about firewalls and turn it all on, I did that a few days ago and havn't had ANY problems.

·
Custom User Title
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you have any problems with kazza, messenger, etc and is anything limited now that my firewall is on?

·
Registered
169 Posts
its probibly an ip adware program. do a ctrl+alt+delete then go to processes. find messenger (not msn messanger but just messneger) and end it. if it has an access deny reboot and it should be gone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts